Anybody else enjoy cooking?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by txskimo, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

+1

I'm home late many nights, so I don't have a chance at the entrée very often,
    but I love bread, and I'm all over the oven on many weekends.
    My super simple sandwich wheat.

P1010823_30pct.jpg

Mr. Shaverman, PanChango and txskimo like this.
  2. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

A family that cooks together, stays together

3. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I love to cook. My wife will let me cook anytime as she enjoys my cooking better than her own............. I catch all the holidays in our family

txskimo likes this.
  4. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Yea, love it. Cooking was a requirement growing up as was sewing, laundry land and sea navigation and auto repair. Mom and Dad were both very accomplished in the kitchen.

One of the first dishes I ever made for the wife when we were still dating was steak Dianne and bananas foster. Total home run.

Bristle Me and txskimo like this.
  5. txskimo

Currently testing my first batch of soda bread with spaghetti. I had headphones on in the kitchen and just got lost...what an awesome feeling.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  6. txskimo

Anybody interested in soda bread? Good stuff just really filling. If anybody is interested I'll post the recipe.

Bristle Me and mikewood like this.
  7. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Please do!

8. txskimo

Let me grab my notebook!

mikewood likes this.
  9. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

After you have the home made ravioli, you will not go back to the supermarket stuff. Same with home pizza dough.

Dave

dbersh likes this.
  10. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I love cooking, especially baking and bbq-ing

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Being single, if I didnt cook i wouldnt eat.

Many years ago while I was at university, I worked the line at a few fine dining restaurants in Philadelphia. I learned a lot from a few excellent chefs. Recently, I have been focused on my Kamado.

12. txskimo

mikewood likes this.
  13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I love to cook and consider myself a BBQ master. I worked in restaurant management for many years and loved it. Developed a lot of cooking skill along the way. When we go camping I do all the cooking as it gives SWMBO a break and I love cooking over an open campfire anyway. Besides, when is a man most desirable to a woman? When he's in the kitchen cooking her a special dinner. Apron optional. ;)

PanChango, Bristle Me and txskimo like this.
  14. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

:eek:

:p !

15. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

I only cook when I want to test my fire alarms.

Ba dum tss.

16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm what you might call a "survival cook". I don't particulary like to cook although I'm learning, and I'm able to make more than just sandwich's.
    In fact in an effort to discontinue repeatedly buying non-stick cookwear I just got a Duxtop tri ply stainless steel cookware set to go with my couple of cast iron skillets. I'm finding I enjoy cooking with cast iron, except for the weight. Cooking with stainless steel I'm finding has a learning curve like straight razor shaving, not near as easy as non-stick, but I intend to pass them to my son and hopefully his future kids..:)

txskimo likes this.
  17. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I enjoy cooking and have since I was a child. I don't cook as often as I'd like.

txskimo likes this.
  18. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I'm male. I don't cook. I heat up. :)

19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I got seriously into charcuterie (salting, curing & smoking varieties of meats & poultry) about a dozen years ago, and really enjoy the opportunity to craft new products.
    Dry curing requires considerable dedication whereas smoking is relatively straightforward.

Polish kielbasa (pre-smoke); Mexican chorizo
    [​IMG]

Teriyaki and Black Pepper beef jerky…hickory-smoke.
    [​IMG]

Thai-style Chicken sausage…
    [​IMG]

20. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

I nejoy cooking. But I am admittedly a bit of a lazy cook lol The recipe can't have too many steps. But I do like experimenting with flavors and textures. Currently in love with Mediterranean sea salt. Just ordered some Himalayan salt also.

txskimo likes this.