What do you hate about wet-shaving?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by HUF, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Theomatic

Theomatic Member

Wetshaving makes me see the positive aspects of being two-faced.;)

Troy M likes this.
  2. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

The variables are what people love about wet-shaving. You can find what works for you instead of having a "system" forced down your throat.

45auto likes this.
  3. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

I hate the comments I get from the uninitiated, when they find out how I shave. I don't denigrate others so why others feel they have to with me, is beyond me.

Kizurra and Bristle Me like this.
  4. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

I hate how I now WANT to shave more often. I'm new at the DE shaving game so more practice means better shaves. Eventually I may go back to every other or every few days but for now I am still "practicing" and enjoying it.

Mustache likes this.
  5. argus

argus enjoys hairy lady legs

I just hate I can't try all the things!

jeraldgordon and Omelmad like this.
  6. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

The thing I hate most about wet shaving is that I can't shave more often. Nothing worse than having a great shave and knowing I have to wait till the next day to shave again.

I don't know how guys that don't need to shave everyday can handle it. I would use hair accelerator on my face.

S.Garcia likes this.
  7. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

The lathering of the soap. Would prefer to have one of those heated shave cream dispensers that were common in barber shops 50 years ago.

8. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

My skin in the winter. i am going to have to whip up some preshave oil.

9. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

I too hate the idea of having to wait for my next shave right after I shave. I also hate that there are a million soaps/creams, razors, blades, AS, etc. that it makes it too hard to figure out what I would like cause I can't try them all. I also hate the saying "It is a personal thing" cause I cant try them all! :)

Hodge and Mustache like this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Absolutely nothing now. I question what I hated about shaving for 40 years???
    Oh, I know one thing I hate about shaving; my beard doesn't grow fast enough to shave twice a day. :rofl:

Kizurra and Hodge like this.
  11. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I'm confused. What aspect of your shave do others denigrate?

12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. sometimes I worry about what would happen if this went mainstream. it seems that when things go mainstream they become tainted and loose the cool factor it once had. it would be nice to see more wet shaving stuff at the local store but I think the government would start jacking the prices up on everything

Hodge likes this.
  13. Crawldawg

Crawldawg Active Member

Being brand new to this, I hate that I can't shave more often. But on the bright side I don't hate having to shave anymore, I look forward to it.

14. bootshaver

bootshaver Active Member

I'm with you JR I found DE shaving about three months before separating from the military. Its a huge transition from disposable to DE, however it's coming along pretty nice

One thing I do hate is the fact that I have to shave everyday but don't exactly have the beard growth to make that possible so this leads to a lot of iritaion

15. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

+1 on that.

16. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Why do u have to shave everyday?

17. bootshaver

bootshaver Active Member

Marine Corps regulation I'm afraid. Idk how they do it but higher ups sniff out the un-shaved and....well it's jus no fun for anybody at that point. Believe me I've tried everything to get out of it and nothin worked all they said was to use aftershave

18. huckelberry hound

huckelberry hound Active Member

I hate that I love shaving but I also love having a beared.:angry032:

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

"That's some catch, that 'catch-22'…."(apologies to Joseph Heller :D)

huckelberry hound likes this.
  20. huckelberry hound

huckelberry hound Active Member

I also hate that I Broke my scuttle yesterday....:angry019::angry021:

Kizurra likes this.