New aquisition

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Doubletrouble, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

So I went to the antique shop with the wife on sunday to help her retreve the things she bought that wouldn't fit in her little car. Decided to walk around a bit and found a basically new in box GEM Micromatic. There aren't really any signs of use. Its very clean, no soap residue. What I think are the original reversible blades are in there still tied together with string. I don't know enough about them to know if this is the style of the original packaging or not. The only thing missing is the instructions. Her are some pics. Sorry, the camera in my tablet isn't the best. 20150217_033942.jpg 20150217_034041.jpg

2. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

I know nothing about Gem razors but yeah that one looks pristine. Congrats on your find.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweet! Of all the SEs, I find I get my best shaves from the Gem MMOC - MicroMatic Open Comb.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great find. Looks fantastic.

6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

You need to get some SE blades and go to town with that.

7. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

I don't know much about these razors other what I've read online which is that they're great but aggressive and will bite you if your not very carefull. Anyone have any opinions or advise on these?

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Watching your pressure/technique is the best I can give you. Just pay attention to what you're doing, take your time and you'll be fine.

It's just another razor; don't over think it or fear it.

9. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble Member

That's kinda what I figured. I'll need to get some new blades first. Not sure I should use the ones that came with it. Havent seen the reversibles for sale anywhere. To bad, great idea.

10. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Great find - it should serve you well

11. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Nice score, looks great. Enjoy