I've been to eBay... [Poll]

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Jan 8, 2015.

?

I've been to ebay...

1. Today

27 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Yesterday

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. This week sometime

16 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. More than a week - but less than 3 months ago

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. More than 3 months ago

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  6. Never been there in my life. Ever.

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Truth

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  2. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I eBay a lot but there really isn't a great alternative. I sometimes do etsy.

3. Malacoda

Malacoda Active Member

Use it to buy and sell various things from time to time, but usually end up hitting it hard every 6 months or so depending on frequently my 'waiting for restoration' pile of straights starts to get low.

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

There are many deals to be had on the 'bay, but as always—whether you're buying at an auction, garage sale, craigslist, it's always 'buyer, beware!'
    Educating one's self in a particular field or specialty goes a long way in avoiding buyer's remorse or regret.
    Misrepresentation of products is endemic to many auctions (particularly online) so one best be sure of either the validity of the seller's claims and images, or have a guarantee of returns BEFORE any bidding ensues.

From an actual ebay auction:
    "Vintage blade is in GREAT shape. Needs cleaning, tho." :happy068::eek::eek::eek:
    [​IMG]

Norcalnewb and BigMark like this.
  5. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

You forgot an option on your poll.

..Oh man, I think I have a watchlist item expiring right now!

Omaney likes this.
  6. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

I am not a regular shopper there although I have found some good items. :)

7. fat_boy

fat_boy New Member

I picked this up. Should arrive today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Also recently got 100 Voskhods from a seller in Moscow for $10 shipped. Waiting for another 100 from same seller, along with 100 Sputnik Teflon blades for $12 shipped. 236 transactions, only got screwed once.

drjenkins and Darkbulb like this.
  8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I would list what I have bought on ebay but the list would be too long

Norcalnewb likes this.
  9. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I have spent so time and money much on ebay that I am surprised I still have a roof over my head.

Thankfully I am now broke and burned out

10. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

That could be CT worthy. Thankfully Broke and Burned Out.

Misphit likes this.
  11. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

That's a depressing thought...

12. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

Usually check it out daily for my DE addiction and my long time guitar hobby as well.

13. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I have had great results buying and selling on Ebay. I do know that PayPal and credit card companies almost always side with the buyer.
    Amazon worries me. When small vendors find a winner on the site, Amazon steals the idea.
    Retailing is a very hard business these days, and Amazon makes it even harder as they compete and still have not made a profit. The one thing I like on Amazon is the customer reviews. This is not the kind of business I want to support often.

14. idvsego

idvsego Well-Known Member

today but not for shave stuff. posted a watch

15. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

I am on less now that i am burnt out and have tried all i want to try. If you are in the hunt dive in with both feet and you will be rewarded. My most precious was a $17 ebay steel and could have easily been just worth $17 . I look for the one that the seller doesn't seem to know what they have and the pictures are bad enough that no one wants it. Someone grabbed a nice Aristocrat like this. The pics were just good enough to make it safe and the buyer got just as good of a deal as on one of the forums. Takes a lot of looking, but once you watch the items it is a matter of looking for something that not many are jumping on, maybe when a big game is on. I hope this may help a newer user. I wished when I was really into it I had used a bidding program. Now I need to learn to sell.

16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I just now jumped to TSD from eBay. I usually check it several times a day, but I have been good lately and kept myself from bidding.

17. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

I used to be on it a lot.. Haven't been in a while, to the point I had to get username and password reminders from eBay and PayPal.. But I'm back on it again because of my new found "hobby" and TSD. In fact, I just bought a Gillette travel razor this morning... More for the "cuteness" than for function.

18. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

I buy and sell a lot on eBay, and I hear things are getting more expensive but it's getting more expensive to sell on there. Assuming you didn't steal the item your profit margin with a total 10% cost including shipping plus PayPal fees making it difficult to give a very low price and make any kind of a profit. With things I buy to try and don't like I usually lose money because you can't sell it for what you paid retail someone will just buy it at retail and not take a chance. Add fees, lower sell price you are only recouping some of your loses.

19. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

You are the 2nd person I know this week who bought pea protein are you juicing also?

20. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I do juice occasionally, but I am not doing so now.