Omega 48 or 98 Brush PIF - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by wristwatchb, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I’m thankful for new friendships on The Shave Den! Thank you all for welcoming me into this great community.

This PIF consists of your choice of either an Omega 10048 or 10098 boar shaving brush. To enter, say “I’m in” and share either a photo or a few words about your favorite aspect of wet shaving.

All TSD members are eligible. I'll select the winner on March 15th using random.org.

Best wishes to everyone!

1. @mrchick
    2. @Sal
    3. @GSlim66
    4. @Sean Coughlin
    5. @Hardlyanic
    6. @elduderino914
    7. @R.D.Nelson
    8. @odioanonimo
    9. @Omelmad
    10. @Spyder
    11. @drjenkins
    12. @idvsego
    13. @bbaker
    14. @Mr. Shaverman
    15. @theFAT98
    16. @JR Reyes
    17. @Jwilcox21
    18. @IDuck
    19. @defectivechimp
    20. @DEfettish
    21. @Slow Joe
    22. @argus
    23. @Token
    24. @Norcalnewb
    25. @gmaugie007
    25. @Jostalli
    26. @Crawldawg
    27. @ajsaxs
    28. @sir_mike
    29. @Adelio
    30. @Micah Jenkins

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm in. I actually look forward to shaving for the first time in my life and it's nice to have no razor rash. I'm in because I have nice razors and no good brushes yet. Fingers crossed.

maltedmilk and wristwatchb like this.
  3. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Not in. Don't have an Omega, but I have several boars.
    Here's hoping a new guy wins!
    Great idea for a PIF!

wristwatchb likes this.
  4. Sal

Sal Member

I'm in. I first started wet shaving to battle neck irritation. Now my favorite part about it is getting to share that experience with my 7 yr old son. He uses one of my razors without the blade of course and he looks forward to it as much as I do. Even when he knows we cant get another shave in that day he will ask me if we can practice lathering with new soaps. His favorite brush to use to build his lather is the Plisson since its so soft. We don't have an Omega yet.

wristwatchb likes this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

not in, but thank you.
    I have grown to love my shaving ritual in the past year. I like the variety of scents and gear. I like the feel of a great shave. I do like to smell good.
    but I love sharing the experience with you folks. I've had hours of entertainment,gleaning tidbits of wisdom, sharing triumphs and losses with all of you folks. the whole shaving hobby is better, because I share it with y'all.

wristwatchb likes this.
  6. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

I'm in. I've never tried an omega. My favorite part about wet shaving is the camaraderie of this group of like minded guys and their willingness to share helpful tips.

wristwatchb likes this.
  7. Sean Coughlin

Sean Coughlin Well-Known Member

I'm in - have never tried an Omega either. Hard to pick a favorite aspect, but I would say that having great soaps, brushes, razors, etc. to choose from helps break up the monotony of what used to be a boring daily task. That & my general skincare has improved tremendously.

wristwatchb likes this.
  8. Hardlyanic

Hardlyanic Active Member

Im in,,i have enjoyed turning my son from carts to wet shaving.

wristwatchb likes this.
  9. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Not in -- have an Omega already -- but nice PIF!

wristwatchb likes this.
  10. elduderino914

elduderino914 Active Member

I'm in! My favorite aspect of wet shaving is everything about it. The set up, the better shaves I get, the lower cost of necessities (im very new and currently only have a few essentials but I can tell in the long run I will be spending more... At that point though it is more on the hobby than the need). And this forum ids the icing on the cake. Ive learned a lot. In the past month and look forward to learning so much more

wristwatchb likes this.
  11. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

I'm in. My favorite aspect of wet shaving is the me time. Wet shaving is so much more relaxing than the hurried goo in the can with a multiple blade razor. I enjoy that 10 or 15 minutes.

wristwatchb likes this.
  12. odioanonimo

odioanonimo New Member

im in. my favorite aspect is probably the nice slow quiet relaxing time i take

wristwatchb likes this.
  13. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I'm in, I have been planning on getting an omega 48 for bigger loft or a 98 for the longer handle =P

My favorite part of wetshaving is having so much choices and ways to make the shave so much more comfortable=D
    [​IMG]

wristwatchb likes this.
  14. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I'm in. Dang near pulled the trigger on an Omega boar. If I didn't have any facial hair, I would face lather just for the heck of it!

wristwatchb likes this.
  15. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

I'm in.

My favorite aspect right now is how much better care I'm taking of my skin now as opposed to before DE shaving.

wristwatchb likes this.
  16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Excellent brushes and a very nice PIF!
    BEST of luck to those who enter! :happy088:

wristwatchb likes this.
  17. idvsego

idvsego Well-Known Member

I am in. I opted for a smaller boar for my travel brush and really dont like the size. it is on "loan" to a friend I am trying to convert. Had my eye on one of these for a while now.

MY favorite aspect of wet shaving...man, it has been two fold. The expected aspect was the better skin conditioning. My face is pretty sensitive and i love having the control over my shave to do a single pass with a mild blade and razor or a full on 3 pass with an aggressive blade. It has been night and day different for me. The unexpected aspect has been this. Not just the PIF but the general hospitable nature of the community. I have been on many boards for many things and never run into something like this.

wristwatchb and gwsmallwood like this.
  18. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Not in, but that is one heck of a good PIF! Outstanding performers.
    HINT TO WINNER: Pick the 10098. Same knot, but the 98 has the longer handle.

wristwatchb and mrchick like this.
  19. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Not in since I already have a 48. Great brush for head shavers. Holds a ton of lather. I think the scents are starting to become my favorite part now that I've moved past VDH and Williams.

wristwatchb likes this.
  20. bbaker

bbaker Active Member

I'm in! Hmm best part of wetshaving is bringing people into the community. I already have 2-3 friends hooked here at school who want to start after I gave them shaves...they never had a chance at resistance! Lol

wristwatchb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.