Has anyone used RAPIRA PLATINUM LUX blades? I am very pleased.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by wingnut28, Mar 3, 2015.

1. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

They are bar none my top blade. I've used them in 6 razors now and they always win.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  2. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I got a PIF when I first joined TSD.....I think it was from @Jayaruh But more than likely they were included a PIF from @Bobcat

I do like them and I probably have them in the RV.

3. fimpster

fimpster Well-Known Member

Really love the Rapira Platinum Lux. My second shave with one today and like them very much.

Robyflexx and PatrickA51 like this.
  4. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Not to highjack the thread, but for those of you that have used RPLs and Ladas, how do they compare?

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

Gave this blade a go this morning with EJ89 w ATT Kronos handle and Klar soap. I found the blades tugged far more than I would have liked. I will hold on to then to give them a shot in my S1 when it decides to arrive. So far I have tried Platinum Lux, Polsilver and Voskhod with the latter being the beaing best thus far. I find them not quite as sharp as the Polsilver but a bit smoother. YMMV

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Yes I do. A great blade. I ordered a 100 last October. I also find them very smooth and above average sharp. P-Lux is the main driver for my 64 Slim.

7. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I'm the odd duck here, but the Platinum Lux didn't do much good to my face. Shave-able, yes, but not top pleasant.

8. Blauer Max

Blauer Max Well-Known Member

Rapira Platinum Lux are my 'go-to' blades. Rapira Swedish Supersteel are great to.

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yeah...Great blades..:angelic007:

Billy..:chores016:

10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It is a nice blade for me, too.

Robyflexx likes this.