RazoRock Baby Smooth DE coming tomorrow

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by blanka, Mar 1, 2015.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's the same thing I wrote to joe at IB. Waiting for his reply.

2. RaZorBurn123

They look the same, I tried switching them out, no luck.

3. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

The problem is, isn't there a no return or refund policy on these? Still if there is a problem you should let him know so he can correct it. Annoying for you though.
    Is it a problem that it just slightly annoying or one that can ruin your shave?

Darkbulb and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I have seen several already offered up for grabs on the FB groups. Not sure if it's a reflection on the razor itself, or the FB members. Some of these folks seem more like flea market vendors than actual shavers...

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Damnit. I've been in Symphonic and Marching Band since I was in 5th grade. I should have known. Hard to tell from the pic.

6. RaZorBurn123

I heard back from Joe from IB. He explained how the coating sometimes causes the threads to squeak and or tight at first use. He suggested using a drop of oil or shaving soap. I went with a dab of one of the slickest soaps I have! ColdRiverSoapWorks BINGO! Smooth as silk! IMO this razor is pretty darn good, I've had two excellent shaves. I agree with @SDK 100% you said it best. Flea market vendors than actual shavers.

drjenkins, Joelio and VedderLG like this.
  7. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Just like when the Stealth came out and immediately started showing up on eBay at 100+.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

SOTD

First shave with the RRBS!

Razor - RRBS

Blade - Rapira PL

Soap - The Freedberg

Brush - Plisson

Balm - Cade

This razor is very impressive in my opinion. The finish on mine is flawless. The razor is light - 39g; which is even lighter than RRSS/KS. It has the familiar handle that is also on the stealth. Love this handle. Perfect length and very grippy.

On to the head. It is clearly a low profile head with no extra material on it. RRSS has a bulky head in comparison. I did notice that screwing the handle onto the head was difficult. I also noticed that if the handle was not perfectly tightened that the top cap would chatter on the base plate. Not sure if this is why people have reported alignment issues. After a couple of trials, I put some soap in the threads and it worked perfectly. I then loaded in a Rapira PL. There is minor play in the blade when the top cap is off. Joe has said that there is 5/1000 of an inch play to allow the blade to flex properly; otherwise it would stick to the posts and not sit properly. My blade aligned with no issues.

On to the shave. I used my trusty Plisson with The Freedberg to make some fantastic lather. It took me a half a pass to dial the angle in. I had slant muscle memory to overcome. This razor is mild and efficient! Once your dialed in, you almost have to check to make sure you are shaving. There is little audible feedback. After two passes I had a DFS, but near BBS! I also noticed that this razor seems near impossible to clog. It has next to no blade gap and the blade edge actually sits over the drainage vent instead of over the safety bar. I required a third pass to touch up my jaw line - I always end up doing this. After the third pass, the razor had earned its name - I was baby smooth! No irritation. No weepers. Overall, quite a quick shave. I think in terms of aggression I would rank the following razors in the following order (most - least): 1) R1 2) S1 3) RRBS 4) RRSS. All fantastic razors by the way.

This razor will definitely enter my rotation. I also bought it to be primarily a travel razor. I don't want to travel with my ATTs. I also wanted an easy and efficient shaver to travel with. This is it!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426083436.769077.jpg

Boojum1 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

I expressed my displeasure on my b.s. and was told it must be the blade because the tolerance is so close what im describing is not likely. So my feathers astras and personnas ive tried must all be defective blades. Not to mention the only way I got a response was to call it out on b&b then I was pmd and verbally warned that joe is infallible

10. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Dang.
    I know when the stealth came out it was well known that a buyer would be a guinea pig but I assumed some of the kinks would have been worked out with this next offering.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

Here's what I did, I wrote Joe a nice email, but honest. Within 10mins he replied with a solution, it worked. I'm happy, I wrote back and thanked him. Give that a try?

Boojum1 and VedderLG like this.
  12. VedderLG

Had my second shave today. Utterly fantastic! Mild, efficient and effortless.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

I with you. I really like this razor, I told Joe he doesn't need to tweak this one one bit. The light weight is very easy to adjust to.

VedderLG likes this.
  14. VedderLG

Shave #3 with three days growth - BBS with 3 passes. Very comfortable. No irritation and zero blood :)

BigMark and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  15. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

I did this he said " thanks for your feedback I'll keep it in mind on my next batch" no sorry your razor is unuseable, nothing.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

Wow! Now you know where not to spend your money.

Darkbulb likes this.
  17. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

This is true. He went on to say his disclaimer was clear but obviously not for me lol

BigMark and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. tom1966

tom1966 New Member

I understand that this is another fine product from razorock and is going to be hard to come by.....Enjoy

19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Hmm...does make me wonder how I come off myself :)

20. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

More like a dealer in fine antiquities.