Goll Dang Rapiras!! - Russian Blade Sellers on EBay

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Mr. Shaverman, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

So like a lot of you guys I jumped on Ebay and ordered some cheap blades from Russia. How could I pass up 100 of my wonderful, much loved Voskhod Teflon Coated DE blades for $7? So I ordered, waited patiently, got a mailbox notice earlier in the week that said I had a package waiting for me at the post office. So today, off I went. Got my package, got home and opened it only to find...

100 Rapira Swedish Supersteel blades.

What? Noooooooooooooo...........

You know what? Rapiras are one of the blades I can't stand. it's like there's a dozen weepers in every blade. If I ran out of razor blades I'd create new ones out of tin can lids before using Rapira Swedish Supersteel blades. I'm actually pretty sure that Rapira Swedish Supersteel blades were a cold war product secretly developed by CIA agents who infiltrated the USSR in order to bring them terrible shaving products.

Did anyone out there order Rapira Swedish Supersteel blades and end up with Voskhods instead? Want to trade? hahaha

Seriously though, I feel bent over. It's not like I can return them as it will cost me more than I bought them for. So it's not a money thing. I was just excited to have 100 Voskhods in the hopper to use. I sent an email to the seller, but I don't expect anything to come of it. Just wanted to rant. Thanks for reading :)

2. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I believe that EBAY's resolution center will refund your money it the seller won't reship the right blades. They also should not make you return them unless the seller pays the postage.

Good luck!

3. Mr. Shaverman

Yeah, I know. Like I said it's not a money thing, I'm not concerned. It just sucks to have 100 blades I hate and not the awesome ones I wanted.

4. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

I've had similar things happen when I've purchased things on eBay. The sellers I've dealt with have just resent the correct order and told me just to keep the item that was wrong. Maybe that will be the case for you

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Bummer.
    Just another reason I don't use ebay.

6. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I hear you. And just to clarify my post. Like Eva said, the most likely outcome will be that you get the blades you ordered and the Rapiras. You can then PIF, sell or trade them off....

Lo'Gosh and GDCarrington like this.
  7. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

gahhh that's disappointing, but like everyone else said i would at least address the issue with the eBay seller.

8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

How much do you hate them? Would you pay to get rid of them? Haha

It sucks that you got the wrong blades, good thing they did t set you back much

9. Mr. Shaverman

Yesterday the replacement Voskhods arrived. I was surprised, because this initial order took almost a month and I had to go to the post office and sign to pick them up for an unknown reason. This time I got them straight away.

10. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Glad you got them, and the times from Russia seem very flaky.

I ordered that Ideal razor and 120 blades on February 12. The seller shipped them separately for some reason. I had the razor in three weeks and am still waiting on the blades. USPS tracking has them held up in NY customs for 11 days and counting now...

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  11. Mr. Shaverman

I wonder if your blades will arrive like mine did. For some reason on both shipments they wrapped the blade pack in what looked like a small trash can bag and taped it up with packing tape, then put it in the shipping envelope. I have no idea what that was supposed to accomplish, but it struck me as odd and I'm wondering what Customs makes of it.

RaZorBurn123 and SDK like this.
  12. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I will take a picture when they arrive. Now I'm curious if we are getting from the same seller.....

13. Mr. Shaverman

There's also something odd about that too. The Rapira's came from someone named Tanya (I think, it's in the PIF post but I forget the exact name) but this one came from someone named Olga.

14. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Was the seller gordeluxe or something along those lines???

I think I was dealing with two similar names as well...

15. Mr. Shaverman

I just went to look and the seller was unuta77.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  16. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I also placed an order with gordelux04....so I should be worried now?

17. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same group of people working together. Not that it really matters, but curious now. I will still snap a pic of the packing for you to compare....

18. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Not at all. He shipped everything right away. The customs holdup is just something that is possible with any overseas shipment. It is still there in USPS tracking and they know where it is.

I would definitely say not to order something from Russia if you are in a super hurry for it....

Seabs and GDCarrington like this.
  19. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I placed an order for 100 Astras from the bay and recieved them lickety-split, no issues whatsoever.

I also agree with the statement about Rapiras causing cuts. I have the same issues. Rapira was the first blades I tried and cut the crap outta my pretty face:) I chalked it up to poor technique. I used the last of the 5 pack a week ago and had several cuts.

20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That is how my blades were wrapped, my wife watched me open one "package" and gave me a crazy look..:eek:

GDCarrington and Spyder like this.