New girl from Tennessee

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Eva_d, Mar 9, 2015.

1. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

She wanted to try coconut soap, one of the few scents I didn't have. @cubancigar2000 was having a pif of coconut soap for females who used a straight. She said "Well, I've seen you use a straight. I can use a straight.". So, she started & I entered her in the PIF. She won the coconut soap and decided to stick with the straight. She has used it for about 6 months now and still has both legs and no obvious issues. The only problem is that I have to strop her blade. That is somehow beneath her status in life.:)

Queen of Blades, Eva_d and 45auto like this.
  2. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

My wife likes the lavender AOS cream.

Eva_d likes this.
  3. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

I bet it just breaks your heart to strop her blade.

4. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

What..... Is that a dig on my age? Lol.... I have a 17yo and a 13yo..pretty sure they would cut off a leg but we'll see, lol. Im not quitting, I've got a DE on order that I'm waiting for

Douglas Carey and markjnewcomb like this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Welcome....and what did you order?....I'm always bringing up the Lady Eversharp....it's great for ladies or men for that matter...Once most try an injector they're hooked...
    image.jpg
    And as far as any other advice....here are the keys to the kingdom....The videos are mainly about face shaving but the techniques are similar, and some of these vids are so funny...and filled with pointers...

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/shave-school-master-sticky.16034/

Eva_d likes this.
  6. markjnewcomb

Based on legal advice, I decline to answer that or any other question until private consultation with an attorney. :)

Eva_d likes this.
  7. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

That may be the first razor that ive looked at and thought it's beautiful. I can see how this can get addictive. I've ordered a Weishi ... Should be here anytime. It's difficult to be patient!

Bird Lives likes this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yeah, you'll fit in just fine

9. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Welcome to the forum, Eva and good luck! :signs046:

10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You're not alone....that Lady Eversharp has stolen the legs and hearts of many generations....ha,ha...
    You know you are a real 'Shave Denizen' when you find it very hard to wait for that 'new' razor to make the scene.....ha, ha....Welcome to the club....}8^))

Eva_d likes this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

How will you apply the soap? I've never shaved my legs.:)

12. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

I went straight to eBay to see if I could find one.... They didn't look very good. I'll be keeping an eye out though!

13. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Wow my wife would love that lady eversharp. I didn't know it existed.

GDCarrington likes this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Don't let grung, grime and soap scum deter you. Many beautiful razors gave been found hidden under all the crud.

Set razor in a bowl. Spray until covered with Scrubbing Bubbles. Let bubbles disappear and spray/cover again. Let bubbles disappear. Don't allow to soak for more than 10-15 minutes, though; it has been known to remove the paint from the numbers on adjustable razors and take the color off Lady Star Gillette's. Scrub with a soft toothbrush. Rinse then apply a light coating of light weight oil, like clipper oil.

Scrubbing Bubbles:
    Eats soap scum
    Disinfects
    Leaves the razor nice and shiny

GDCarrington likes this.
  15. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

The postman delivered yesterday(Whoooohoooooo!) but I didn't have a chance to post here yet. I really want to be able to compare the difference between my old cartridges and this new toy so I shaved just like I used to using an oatmeal bar soap applied with my hands. Lots of relathering was involved but, I had to go really slow too,lol... Legs are a big surface even on me. Now today in off to find a brush and lather soap. The blade I used was the one that came in the package with the razor as my sample pack hasn't arrived yet. I can't wait to try out the difference in blades /soaps to see if I can get better and closer shaves with those options. I'm going to have to start a note book or something to keep track. Having said all that, I'm hooked!

16. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

Awesome tips, thank you!

17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Posted by GDCarrington Burma Shave

12 ounces of warm water ( not hot water)
    5-10 drops of Dawn dish washing liquid
    1/2 ounce of white vinegar
    1 ounce of isotropy alcohol 70% or higher

Mix well.
    Soak the razor in the mixture of the for ingredients for about a minute and then use a soft tooth brush to gently work the razor parts.

Worker very well on my razors.

GDCarrington likes this.
  18. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

Oh why do I feel like you guys are encouraging me to buy new tools, lol. I am going to hold tight to my wallet for at least a month so I can learn about the one I just got ... Then I may just go in search of the pretty razor above.

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

We have been known to be some of the best enablers on the interweb.....welcome and enjoy your new obsession....

GDCarrington, Eva_d and Douglas Carey like this.
  20. markjnewcomb

I resent that remark. I believe we can easily prove that we are THE BEST enablers in the worlds, not just "some of", or merely "on the interweb" :bounce015:

Eva_d, Douglas Carey and dbersh like this.