New SE razor from RazoRock

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

If it's true it appears that RazoRock decided to copy the Mongoose.

Prototype photo:
    [​IMG]

Source: Reddit

2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Interesting.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    zinteresting.jpg
    But $200?

BigMark and PatrickA51 like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very interesting. I am glad there will be other razors using the Feather Pro style blades. I don't see anything here that would make me consider getting one of these to go along with my Mongoose. I'm hoping that the Open Comb Mongoose base plate is released in the near future.

5. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Is it really going to be that much. That is more expensive than the Mongoose isn't it?
    Nice looking razor though.

6. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Does mongoose have a website as I can't seem to find one?

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Handle looks like a nod to that semi-rare British Gem. Nice touch.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

No website. They have a Facebook page. There is also a big thread on B&B forum as well as The Shave Nook. I feel they should put a website up.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  9. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

10. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

It's beyond me why companies are so fascinated with making a razor for that blade and not the standard injector or single edge blades and charging a reasonable price.

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I'm with you Tom.

12. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

What they said above. I wish that I still had my Schick Injector that I had when I was a kid. I would probably still be using it. I will find one.(some day)

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It's an interesting question really.
    With the mongoose, this prototype, Cobra, etc all using that type of blade and not the more common SE blade it makes me wonder what the reasoning is?
    Wouldn't you as a manufacturer and wetshaver enthusiast pick a blade that you know people will have easy access to and probably would prefer to use?
    I don't think the decision to go with this type of blade was a hasty decision in any way so there must have been some reason why all recent manufacturers have gone with it.
    I just wonder what it might be.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I know the Mongoose team is testing a prototype Minigoose that uses the standard injector blade in a 3 piece design like the Mongoose. No idea if or when it will be produced. I used the Mongoose for 58 daily shaves at the start of the year with all the different types of blades available. I will be using both an I type and J type injector in the coming weeks so I'll better understand the differences between using an injector blades vs the artist club blades.

Chuck F and Omelmad like this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Oh please let them call it The Gosling

barbersurgeon and clint64 like this.
  16. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

He actually said that if he brings this razor to market, that it will be less than $100 on FaceBook yesterday. I have no knowledge of SEs at all.

17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I guess copying designs is a great way to keep the R&D cost down and then couple that with charging people for your prototypes and you got a pretty sweet deal :D

18. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

What he said

19. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I Would definitely be interested in this. Plus maybe an open comb alternative or included base plate

HoosierTrooper likes this.
  20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I applaud all these vendors and adventurous folks for bringing new products onto the shaving scene. However, it seems to me it's just easier and cheaper to go out and get an injector razor. Readily available, inexpensive and work great. What's not to like about that?