Another test batch. Help pick the scent?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Salty Belle, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Hey all, you were all so helpful contributing to my "puck packaging" thread, I'd like your input again on the very "subjective" subject of scent choice. I made up one batch last week of my own version of Classic Old Spice and have oils in the pot for a second batch to be made later today. If you got a peek inside my fragrance storage closet, it would be embarrassingly obvious what a fragrance addict I am....sooooooo I've narrowed my choices down to four for your input.

A classic Bay Rum, a masculine Oakmoss blend, a very true Margarita, or my take on the classic Green Irish Tweed. OH...I reserve the right to out vote everyone:)

Misphit and GDCarrington like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

You have the scents listed in the order that I would have put them. However, I am a Bay Rum addict.

3. argus

argus enjoys hairy lady legs

Margarita sounds great, I love new, out of the ordinary, scents

4. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

If it's a very true Margarita that has my vote.

5. Micah Jenkins

Micah Jenkins Active Member

Margarita sounds very intriguing. When I think of margarita shave soap I think of a cooling feeling, but I don't know how well menthol would go with the margarita.

6. Salty Belle

It's a very true Margarita, right down to the tequila and salt! (at least to me). I haven't delved into adding menthol yet. I'm mostly a bath bar soaper, and started tinkering with shave soap recipes a little over a year ago. Hmmm, I was leaning toward the Bay Rum, simply because I've never used it before. Maybe I'll split this small batch and do half with BR and the other with Margarita.

Thanks for the input so far!

BeeGee, trey06dmd and clint64 like this.
  7. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I would go with Number 1 "I made up one batch last week of my own version of Classic Old Spice" Number 2 A classic Bay Rum.

8. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Bay rum

9. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Bay Rum

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The answer is all the above! :happy096:

11. TCBENNETT55

TCBENNETT55 Active Member

Irish Tweed

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I prefer woodsier scents mostly, but for soaps, I'm open to a quality bay rum scent—which is highly diverse if one samples BR aftershaves.

13. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

1+ what he said =P

14. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Are you selling soaps or making for your own use?

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

What does "Irish Tweed" smell like?

16. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'm working toward the end of a soap from Nana June's. it matches virgin island br very well.
    but they are no longer in business.
    I had planned to replace it with the shave den,br and bergamot.
    so, if my vote counts,I would go with the margaritas. to be paired with Florida water.

Omelmad likes this.
  17. Salty Belle

Currently I'm just in the R&D phase for shave soaps. I may eventually add it to my bath soap line that I sell through a little shop in our town. ...if all goes well, I may also get some into a local barbershop or two. Perhaps a website down the road... Right now testing is the name of the game.

GDCarrington and Omelmad like this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A leprechaun's smoking jacket. :happy102::happy097:

Dan Reynolds, Sara-s and trey06dmd like this.
  19. Salty Belle

I'm terrible at describing scents, but here are the basics:
    It's a signature scent of the House of Creed and this is how they describe it: Rich, fresh and sporty. Top notes of iris and lemon verbena. The middle notes include violet leaves. The base notes are ambergris and Mysore sandalwood.

Love your tag line Sara...I taught high school for 30 years so I totally get it!

20. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member