NOOB/shave 180

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Nick Pod, Mar 17, 2015.

1. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

You should see the looks I get from my wife in the morning. You are not alone.

Nick Pod likes this.
  2. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

Jayaruh,

Don't lie to the noob. There is no saving money once you start this. By the way will we see you at the next RAD anonymous meeting?

Nick Pod and Jayaruh like this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Welcome aboard! Just remember, when your wife starts giving you those looks, you can give them right back. They all have their own areas of obsession.....makeup, shoes, whatever it may be. At least ours benefits them too by making us the best looking dudes on the planet! My wife's shoes can't claim that!

By the way...don't tell her I said that, ok? I am about to go on another AD spree. LOL

Nick Pod likes this.
  4. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

What part of anonymous is unclear to you? :ban:

Nick Pod and DEfettish like this.
  5. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

Yep you're weird,,,,, Lol! Just like the rest of us, welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

Nick Pod likes this.
  6. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

Try a blade. com you can't beat the price or service for your blades.

Nick Pod likes this.
  7. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

you are with fellow addicts now...we are ALL weird in here, would you like some cool-aid?(j/k)...my wife said the same thing to me (and still does, but im slowly converting her too)..
    as far as advice?....you are off to a great start IMO, stick with that razor and go through those blades systematically, if you find one you like mark it and move on to the others and come back to it....point being (not just blades but soaps/creams,PS, AS, etc.) to find YOUR "ideal" set up that will only work for YOU...after that you can circle back to "trying things out" and you will compair it to "your setup"..this is the point im at now, so of the things that are probably easy for you to drive to the store and get i would recommend VDH luxury soap and the body shop maca root cream (somewhat expensive at $16 but well worth it IMO)....and if you use pre-shave oil, i would strong recommend looking in the tuturial section as you can make your own probably better than you can buy it (or atleast close) and its a lot cheaper....also, you are in a great place with A LOT of great people who know a whole lot and IMO can help anyone with anything involving shaving (and probably more)......
    lastly....WELCOME

Dan Reynolds likes this.
  8. Mark Ordogne

Mark Ordogne New Member

My shave bowl does not have a top. Should I wash the bowl after every shave.?

About the residual lather left in the brush after a shave, should I squeeze it out and save it for next shave ?

9. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

My buddy asked me why I am all about these razors when I stated I wanted another one.

10. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Den!!

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Totally up to you.

Someone 'round here is fond of saying... It's your shave. Enjoy it your way. ;)

BigMark likes this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Hi weird Nick and welcome to The Shave Den! We're all weird, so you'll fit right in. You're off to a great start!

I just de-funked a really stinky boar brush. I soaked it in a cup of water with a few drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid for an hour, rinsed it out well, and then built a lather with it. I let the brush sit full of lather overnight, rinsed it out well the following morning, and left it to dry. I repeated this cycle several times until the odor went away.

I'm glad you're here with us!

Nick Pod likes this.
  13. Nick Pod

Nick Pod New Member

I started using the van der Hagen soap. I bought some Arko and I really like that. It's super cheap and I find it to be a decent lather and shave. I also started using just plain coconut oil as a pre shave. So far so good. Getting to be a nice setup for me. Just working my way through these blades to find the best one.