New girl from Tennessee

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Eva_d, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Which other World (Worlds) are you referring to ;) is it a place far, far away?:)

GDCarrington and markjnewcomb like this.
  2. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

You guys are awesome, lol

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I think its good advice, to stick with one set up til you feel you have a good handle on technique....That 30 day rule has helped many....Of course to have a lovely Lady Eversharp or Golden 500 setting there waiting is incentive....Oh forget that...no one could resist those lovelies with their come hither looks...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    GDCarrington likes this.
  4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

What's the difference between a lady eversharp and just an ordinary eversharp?

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. Bird Lives

The Lady Eversharp (K-type) is an Eversharp Schick J Type Hydro-magic in prettier colors and sometimes sparkles...The Golden 500 is the Primo J Type...

Douglas Carey and GDCarrington like this.
  6. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

It's pretty.... I'm drooling.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. Bird Lives

Don't be drooling while making lather, it can make it runny....}8^))
    Your idea of keeping a shaving diary is not a bad idea...I think when trying different blades it could come in handy...Later when you are on a blade safari you could refer to your previous notes...very efficient...

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see/hear your doing so well on your new journey..:) Please keep us up to date. What do your girls think of mom's new hobby? YES we are big bunch of enablers and I think it's safe to say you are now one of us!! :happy102:

Eva_d and GDCarrington like this.
  9. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

Ooh. It's a lady.

GDCarrington, Douglas Carey and Eva_d like this.
  10. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

I'm using the invoice sheet that came with my razors for now since they're already listed. I'll use a star system or something. Can't wait to see if the finishes (Teflon, stainless, chrome ect) makes a difference to me

Douglas Carey likes this.
  11. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

So how it's going..... I have a pile of new blades and lock myself in the bathroom far too often using up more than my fair share of hot water. My daughters think I'm pretty bad A, my husband thinks I'm nuts lol. I run out of hair that I can shave and have to hold myself back from shaving my arms just because it's available! Lol! Haven't nicked my self very much at all... Too be honest the most trouble I have is finding the correct angle of razor to skin. Sometimes after a few passes I realize I was only pretending. That's frustrating! :-|

12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Locking yourself in the bathroom, using to much hot water. That all sounds good to me. The angle of attack will come quick enough. Sounds like you are doing an Outstanding job.
    Has anyone mentioned anything about addiction. ;)

Eva_d and GDCarrington like this.
  13. Bird Lives

Your daughters are RIGHT....
    Yep, it's all about angles...That Weishi is pretty mild so if the angle isn't perfect it won't remove any hair...But don't let that, tempt you into using pressure, because that blade is a real razor blade...ha,ha...But when the angle is perfect, it will deliver a smooth irritation free stroke...The rewards are so worth the learning curve....the process is also half the fun, enjoy every minute and pamper yourself with great soaps and post shave products...you deserve it...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    GDCarrington and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

Addiction ..... Sweet mother. Well you see how often I'm here, lol

Bama Samurai and Douglas Carey like this.
  15. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

Yeah, that angle.... I'm not sure this will be my forever razor. I think it's the perfect beginner but I think shaving legs may require something different once I am comfortable. I'm not rushing just thinking ahead.

178-bplatoon and Douglas Carey like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Take your time and enjoy the moment.

Eva_d likes this.
  17. Bird Lives

Hey...shaving a face requires something different for me...ha,ha....But you're right, the Weishi is a great little razor to learn on....But because of how mild it is, it can be alot of work...whether face or legs....You know our 'Queen of Blades' JoAnna...She seems to love the long handle Gillette Adjustable....Then you have the option of making it milder or more agressive by simply changing the setting...Here's a pic of the one she loves so much...That long handle could have an advantage dealing with legs....
    This is the Gillette Super Adjustable
    image.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  18. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Everything(angle, pressure, lather making) will get better and easier with time. As for running out of places to shave, we all have that problem especially I think in the beginning.:) Don't worry about your husband, all of our spouses(unless their into "traditional" shaving also) think we're NUTS!! :happy097:

Eva_d and Douglas Carey like this.
  19. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

In this case, would that be a Lady Eva-sharp? :happy102:

Bird Lives, Eva_d and Douglas Carey like this.
  20. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

Hmmm.... An adjustable is definitely on my radar now

178-bplatoon and Douglas Carey like this.