Simpson Rover

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Bronco, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I've done a review of this brush in the review section but since you don't see many of them I thought I would post it here for discussion purposes.
    I picked this little Simpson up second hand although it had hardly been used.
    The retail price is less than $100. It stands about 90mm tall and is filled with Pure Badger. Taking my own measurements, the knot is about 22-23mm, the handle height is 45mm and the loft is 45mm. The diameter at the base of the handle is 38mm. I thought that the pure badger would be a little scritchy but it's not, firm but not annoying. The brush does well with creams or soaps but I really find it useful for the soaps in the wooden bowls. It's not a bad little brush and it's in my rotation. Nice handy little performer!
    The Simpson "Rover"
    [vbpg]1254[/vbpg]
    Here it is next to my Tulip 2, the handles are about the same size but the Rover is a little harder to grip. Thank goodness for the grooves.
    [vbpg]1255[/vbpg]
    In the hand!
    [vbpg]1256[/vbpg]
    In bloom, Tulip 2 and the Rover on the right.
    [vbpg]1257[/vbpg]

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

Nice pickup Steve :D

I was looking at that one too, it looks like a really nice little brush, I like that it is bigger than a Simpson Case and looks like it has some heft to it.

The 45mm loft sounds great too, I bet it works very well with the soaps in a bowl.

Congrats :D

I think the handle design looks great too.

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Simpson's have definitely had some cool looking brushes over the years.

4. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

Very nice brush. The handle looks cool as well.

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

That's an interesting brush, but it really is expensive. 100$ (or a tad under that) for a simple 22-23mm best-badger brush?

6. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

Well... it's a Simpsons. Most of their brushes are over 100$. From their line, I think Duke is the best deal. Still, not a cheap brush.