SoS: March 16, 2015 - March 22, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thanks, and my condolences LOL!

crackstar, Llyr and clint64 like this.
  2. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

SOTD 3-22-2015

Hot Shower and Prep -Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash & conditioner on the whiskers
    Razor - Merkur 34C HD
    Blade - Astra SP (3)
    Brush - Plisson Synthetic
    Lather - Proraso Green
    Bowl - Fine Lather Bowl
    Post - Warm water rinse, Maggard Razor Alum, wait 30 seconds then cool water rinse & finish with Lucky Tiger AS & Face Tonic

A very nice no irritation 3 pass shave - 95% BBS

SOtD 3-22-15.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  3. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

03/22 – A very nice citrusy DFS today. The Croma keeps on going – very nice blade.
    • Growth: 1 day
    • Prep: Shower; Corn Huskers Lotion
    • Lather: TOBS Lemon & Lime
    • Brush: RV Plisson Synthetic
    • Razor: 1957 Gillette Blue Tip Super Speed
    • Blade: Croma Diamant (6)
    DSC_1421.JPG

4. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

Sunday Night
    Gold Dollar Razor, C&E West Indian Limes Cream & Edwin Jagger synthetic brush. As shaves go it doesn't get a lot better!
    [​IMG]

5. Moses Brown

Moses Brown Active Member

22MAR15 (First Safety Razor Shave)

Prep - Hot Shower w/ Mary Kay Cleanse
    Pre - Shave Magic Pre Shave
    Hardware - EJ89Lbl
    Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock
    Brush - Omega 48 Boar Hair
    Lather - Proraso Menthol Cream
    3 Awkward Passes
    Post - Shave Magic, Mary Kay Hydrate, and Clubman Original Splash

"Okay" shave, as in it will pass. The easy cheeks are BBS, but the jaw, chin, upper lip ... and neck need practice. I was already a bit irritated from my previous shave (neck), so this one didn't help. Nick'd in three small spots, but no biggie. Passed the smell test for the wife. It's gonna be a long, enjoyable shaving road from here, especially once I get used to the angles and the feel of the hardware.

6. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

It will get better! Remember to use as little pressure as possible and the irritation will reduce as you get better at it.

7. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

SOTD 3-22-15

Pre Shave: Just normal face wash with hot water before lathering
    Razor: ATT R1 w/Bamboo handle
    Blade: Voskhod (new)
    Soap: C&E Sandalwood cream (1st try)
    Bowl: Steel
    Brush: Perfecto Badger
    Post Shave: Warm water rinse followed by some cold water splashes and pat dry.

Results: This is the first time with blade and cream so I wasnt sure what to expect. The cream seem to later in the bowl pretty easy. I just dipped the brush into the cream bowl to get some out then worked it in the steel bowl. I did three passes plus some touchup is a couple areas but was very impressed that I ended up with a DFS shave with only one small weeper and no irritation. I am surprised cause I did have to work a few areas like upper lip, chin and neck areas quite a bit but still no irritation. I am not sure if it was the slickness of the cream that seem to always be there and/or the blade/razor combo.

The only thing I am not sure I like is at first it seemed like the cream was not really burning nor tingling but I could feel something when applied. The other thing I dont like is that it is almost 10pm now and I can still smell the cream on my face, it is that strong to me and noticeable! That's around 5 hours and I have washed my face many times since!

Thx.

SOTD_032215.jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  8. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

I have the C&E sandalwood post shave blam and like it. Light scent and absorbs good without being oily.

clint64, RaZorBurn123 and ram57 like this.
  9. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

Even the cream doesnt seem oily and left my face feelin' good but man, I am not one for strong scents and have to say this must be strong to linger for 5 hours or so! Luckily, it isn't a bad scent! :)

clint64 and ram57 like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Congrats! Nice and easy, no pressure, the areas you're having issues with is very common. :happy088:

11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Focus - Vintage and Carbon
    March 23, 2015 - Week 4 Day 2
    Prep - Hot shower and towel
    Brush - VDH Boar
    Soap - C.O. Bigelow
    Razor - 1918 Old Style Gillette
    Blade - [​IMG]Post - RazoRock Alum & Dr. Carver's Magnanimous Post Shave

Day two of the Old and Classic combo and it was as glorious an old school shave as they come. One weeper near the right ear that popped up after the first pass, then gone forever. The alum was sufficiently angry but I skipped the normal aftershave, choosing the Dr. Carver's instead. Dr. Carver's is the Dollar Shave Club balm that I have left over from my evil cart days. It does a decent job of moisturizing and cooling off that aggressive irritation until I get something better. No issues with the blade on day two so we will forge on to day three on Tuesday!
    [​IMG]

Jeltz and GDCarrington like this.
  12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

you may wish to post this in the current SOTD thread as this one ended yesterday….

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Duh!!! 13 hour day today did me in apparently. LOL Thanks.