Barbasol Brisk

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Spyder, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

WP_20150322_001.jpg I spied this in the Dollar General a couple of days ago. A 5oz bottle for $1.75. This stuff rocks!! Especially if you're into old time barbershop type scents. Smells a lot like Skin Bracer (as I remember). The scent lasts most of the day (did i mention that it smells great?). It's alcohol based, so expect some burn. It also has great chilling effect, as it contains menthol. If you're a fan of inexpensive (did I mention I'm a tight-wad?) long lasting, old time, barbershop scents; give this stuff a shot.

2. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Barbasol aftershave is great stuff and you can't beat that price. However, I prefer the blue version, Pacific Rush. Tons of menthol in it. DG is the only place I've seen the Barbasol AS. But I agree, this stuff rocks!!

Daytonkb and crackstar like this.
  3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Maybe the Pacific rush is more popular; I didn't see that on the shelf. Looks like I'll have to make another trip....

Daytonkb likes this.
  4. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

I to have the Pacific Rush love it on a hot summer days before work or just before going out for activities (mainly fishing:D)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Spyder likes this.
  5. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

I too spied a bottle of this at dollar general. I think its awesome! Good old fashioned barber scent ! Great price !

6. lab1dobie

lab1dobie Member

Pacific Rush is very nice, but I'll have to look for this.

Spyder likes this.
  7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

they both are pretty good. I dropped about eight menthol crystals in each bottle. now they rock.

Spyder and Daytonkb like this.
  8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I have both the Barbasol "Brisk" and Mennen "Skin Bracer", both are similar in scent and pleasant in use, but I think I prefer the Barbasol. Not only for the scent, but also being frugal as you are the price of the Barbasol is hard to beat! :) I'm going to get some "Pacific Rush" when I get some extra room on my AS shelf. I also like the DG Old Spice.

9. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Pacific Rush is my favorite "cheap" aftershave and the menthol is amazing. Brisk comes in right behind PR

10. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

My DG don't have the Old Spice but I picked some up from a family dollar in a different town and it's nice stuff. I bet it's nearly the same as the Family Dollar Spice, stuff it great for how cheap it is!

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.