Rockwell 6S Review attempt (With Photos)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dbersh, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Nice to know they are committed to fixing their issues. I'm not a backer but am keeping an eye on this since I would likely buy one once they have solved their quality control issues -- especially if they continue to be this conscientious and dedicated to their original promise.

PatrickA51 and dbersh like this.
  2. Alan H

Alan H Member

I received my replacement base plates and cap last week. Not at all happy. Bars are just as warped as the first batch. It seems all they did was polish the bars a bit and grind off the casting marks on the ends of the plates. I look forward to their 3rd round of replacements. Hopefully they will look like and be a finished usable product. I believe they said they fired their manufacturing facility prior to sending out the first round of replacements. They promised to inspect all of the second batch but seemed to have missed mine. We shall see. Rockwell4.jpg

PatrickA51 and Shotwell like this.
  3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Replacement MIM Rockwell 6S - Entirely for Free
    44 Comments

Liked

92 likes

Dear Backers,

We have some very exciting news to share with you in this update!

The Big News

As you know, we are in the process of making a second round of Rockwell 6S’s in a new manufacturing method, called metal injection molding (MIM). Feel free to read through the last few updates if you need a detailed catch-up, but the summary is that MIM tolerances are extremely fine, and we’re very confident this process will produce the highest quality razor possible. The experience we've gained in the last year, coupled with the finer MIM manufacturing tolerances, has given us the opportunity to reconsider all fine aspects of the design of the Rockwell 6S and assess where we could make improvements to the original design. We took all the feedback we got from our backers, consulted with our engineers, and worked extensively with our manufacturing partners and decided that not only could we fix the cap but we could also improve on the design and quality of the base plates and color matching between the handle, the cap and base plates.

We told you several months ago that any backers interested in receiving a MIM cap would be able to receive one, free of charge, when they become available. We’re so thrilled with our new manufacturing process that we want to take this offer one step further.

We have decided to not only to produce and send you a replacement cap – We’ve decided to go all the way and are going to produce and send you a whole new MIM Rockwell 6S razor, entirely for free!
    The most important outcome for this campaign is that our backers feel that they’ve been a part of a fantastic journey, and receive a product that exceeds their expectations. The best way to do that is to ensure our backers are the first to be able to request and receive the fully-MIM Rockwell 6S, entirely for free.

What’s improved in this design?

Darkbulb likes this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

dbersh and Darkbulb like this.
  5. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

I've never liked the head of the Rockwell 6C / 6S, so bulky and heavy.
    But above all the scarce excursion, which is moreover not very modular.

In 2018 I made a comparison between three well-known adjustable razors and an unknown newcomer:
    • Gillette Adjustable Fatboy
    • Karve (with all plates, at the time)
    • Rockwell 6C / 6S
    Drone115b Hydra x6
    [​IMG]

Of the last one, not being so well known the (fascinating) world of 3D printed razors, I leave a video.

As can be seen in the data, Hydra x6 is the model that best embodies the concept of adjustable.
    Suitable for practically any type of need.