computer or phone

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Mustache, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Ok, just out of curiosity....

Due to my limited crappy wifi connection where I live, I do 98% of my web surfing and TSD reading on my phone. This includes my posts to SOTD and other threads with pictures(take pictures with my phone while posting). The only time I fire up the computer is when I need to send a lengthy email to clients/customers, place orders, or having issues with logins to banks or forums and need to clear them up. Anyway......

I am actually browsing The Shave Den on my computer for a change and came across some of my posts with pictures attached.... WOW! What crappy photos I post via my phone. Everyone's photos, including mine, look great on my phone. But some look way blurry (all of mine) when viewed in the actual forum on a computer. Some photos from other members are absolutely stunning! Sharp, clear, amazing.... you get the point.

Yes, I know a phone isn't comparable to a computer screen when viewing stuff, but I had no idea my photos were so bad, and large. I try to crop down my photos to save on size(both pixels and kbs) and edit out the extra background to focus on the main subject. Maybe my next photo post I'll just post the whole photo, uncropped, then get back on the computer to see what happens... size and clarity.

With all this said, I was just curious how many of you browse TSD on a computer, phone app, or combination of the two.

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

iPhone 6 Plus. Clear as can be. I do bring out my laptop when I absolutely must.

Omelmad likes this.
  4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

iPhone and iPad almost exclusively.

5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Mostly on my iPhone, but every now and then I'm on my MacBook. It's much easier to navigate with the computer though. And answer PMs

6. Mustache

I was just wondering because I had no idea what my photos looked like on here.... look fine on my phone, but not so great at all on the computer...

7. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

I use ,yLaptop computer most the time but occasionally an android nexus tablet.

8. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Phone. Have you read some of my automatic spelling corrections? Phones are bad but convenient

Sunday morning computer. Maybe.

Mustache likes this.
  9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

99 per cent on my phone.
    so I apologize if my pics are crapy.

Mustache likes this.
  10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

75% Computer
    25% Phone

11. Mustache

lol... ya, I really need to go back and proof read my posts more often than I do. Sometimes I go back and edit a post twice before I see all my spelling errors.

12. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I take all of my pictures now on my iPhone 6, as it has surpassed my iPad. I use my iPad for everything and my iPhone as a backup. I'm in my Man Cave watching Fox News on my iPad right now.

13. Mustache

No need to apologize, I just had no idea my photos weren't as "nice" as I thought they were.

14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

90% iPad Air via Browser

The rest on Android phone.

15. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

I use both to browse but usually my phone on tapatalk. Images show up well on the phone (note 3). The photos I upload are usually taken with a dslr and are much better than phone pics.

16. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Almost all on the iPad, some on the phone. My iPad posts my photos upside down for some reason, so I don't post photos much anymore.

17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I do everything with my laptop and camera. I take pictures with my 2004 Fujifilm A340 4 mega pixal camera. I crop and resize my pictures on my computer with Irfanview and finish them with Picasa 3. All my phone is good for is taking calls.

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

that sounds about right for me as well.
    iphone6 does take some nice pix & is convenient —though I still prefer my camera.

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I use an HTC phone running Windows 8.1 most of the time to view TSD and TTO take pics. Uploads I do on my PC because I haven't figured out how using my phone.

20. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

Nokia Lumia 8.1 windows all the way ! Also my kindle hd ! :lam: