SoS: March 30, 2015 - April 5, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150402.JPG
    Thursday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    Cella
    Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
    Gillette Fatboy F2
    Sputnik Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Lemon WH
    Pinaud Vegetal

The Cella Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Semogue 1305 Boar Brush. Two passes with my Gillette Fatboy razor and a Sputnik Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Lemon WH and then Pinaud Vegetal after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thanks for the tip on changing the blade angle. I started at three today. I am planning on making adjustments only for now, then I'll change blades a bit. I will be changing soaps/creams around in the process though.

PatrickA51, Llyr, ObiDon and 2 others like this.
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Fantastic shave again this morning. First time using Al's Shaving Products and it produced a slick and thick lather easily. 2 passes and no touch ups required. The maca root as balm has left my face silky smooth all day. I did change it up and splashed on the Veg (body and face). Man, if you're one of the chosen you gotta try this....very refreshing post shower.

wristwatchb, PatrickA51, Llyr and 5 others like this.
  4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Hope you're having a great Birthday. Cheers

5. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Another 5 or 6 short weeks if it's healed properly and the steel rod can be removed.

wristwatchb, PatrickA51, Llyr and 3 others like this.
  6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Do you love your Futur. Its my new favorite.....

PatrickA51, Llyr, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

April Fools Day! Happy Birthday!​

grump, PatrickA51, Llyr and 4 others like this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

2 April 2015 Plan

[​IMG]

9. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Im relieved to see you said "too many brushes in my rotation" and not "too many brushes"

10. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

SoTD for Tuesday March 31, or, a shave occurred and I have proof.

Pre- BBC oil
    Soap- vintage Colgate
    Brush- vulfix strand
    Razor- Gem olive handled Flyweight
    Blade- Gem vintage (1994) stainless
    Rinse- Osage
    Aftershave- Fine Vetiver
    Balm-Kiehl's
    Cologne- Penguin

[​IMG]

Yes. It's true. I shaved yesterday. I hadn't done so since Saturday, so a SE mowing was in order. I used my olive handled Flyweight, coupled with the'94 super stainless I broke out over the weekend. It worked.

11. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

It's a very aggressive razor but, it provides a very close clean shave even at the lower settings. I would have to say it's not my favorite razor due to it's slippery handle ( I have many other adjustables' that I prefer) but, it is a big beautiful shave tool! ;)

PatrickA51, spacehobo, Llyr and 4 others like this.
  12. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks Troy, Jasman, Roger, @Norcalnewb

wristwatchb, PatrickA51, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  13. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

SoTD for Wed. April 1, or, on the double.

Pre- BBC oil
    Soap- La Pere Lucien Vetiver Bourbon
    Brush- bone handle Ever Ready w/synthetic knot
    Razor- bakelite Gillette Tech
    Blade- vintage Schick Super Chromium
    Rinse- Osage
    Aftershave- Fine Vetiver
    Balm-Kiehl's
    Cologne- vintage Paul Sebastian

[​IMG]

Today I decided to get back to some double edge shaving. It has been neglected lately, so I thought I would try a razor I haven't used. I went with a Gillette bakelite tech. Bakelite base plate as well as handle. It looked pretty cool languishing in the showcase, so what the heck. The shave was good, if rather mild. I used a vintage Schick blade. I got a bunch in a lot of partially used dispensers for 99¢. So far it seems like a good investment.
    I also busted out one of my dichotomy brushes (some of my oldest handles, paired with ultramodern synthetic bristles). I hadn't used one in quite a while, and I forgot how much I like them. Once again, hair was successfully removed. A good day was had.

14. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

FAT BOY SOTD

Prep: All too quick hot shower.
    Razor: 1958 Fat Boy (rhodium custom)
    Blade: Astra SP
    Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip
    Soap: Maggard Limes & Bergamot
    AS: Barbasol Pacific Rush
    :smiley freezing:

Continuing my "end-of-tax-season" pleasure trip with my custom fatty. This fatty was purchased from Grandpa Ron on B&B, disassembled, cleaned and "tweaked" by Cap'n Murphy, plated in rhodium and black rhodium by Chris @ RazorPlate, then reassembled by Cap'n Murphy. :smiley respect: My Black Handle Super Fat Boy. :love055:

Super Fat Boy.jpg

Someone asked me if I could see the "light at the end of the tunnel" that is tax season. My answer was, "There's an end of the tunnel?" :happy102: The end isn't in sight yet. As such I find myself shaving much too fast in order to get to work. This mornings shave resulted in a decent what I would call a CCS (close, comfortable shave). It was presentable, but could have been better. I also had 4 or 5 weepers. :shocked003: And it's all because of the speed of the shave and a corresponding loss of technique. :angry032:

15. Norcalnewb

image.jpg
    SOTD #2 April 1:

Home made PS oil
    Kiss My Face Lavender
    FB w/Rapira PL set on 5
    Ever-Ready 300 Silver tip
    Tabac AS

So I will have a difficult time getting a shave in tomorrow morning, so I went for a second shave today. A little more irritation but I halfway expected that. All in all a good shave. Closer than this morning with the higher setting on the FB.

The big advantage was that I got to shave with my 4 year old son. His set up is also shown:

VDH soap and brush
    RazoRock Mission w/of blade (he is only 4)

Made the shave special like a weekend! :happy108:

16. Herm2502

Wait, wait...I missed something...oh yeah... :greet002:

17. Herm2502

Imagine the memories you're creating for your son. Really nice. I'll bet he got a BBS! :happy088:

wristwatchb, ObiDon, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  18. ram57

And thank you Herm!

19. ram57

Lke the black Rhodium finish Herm.

Herm2502, PatrickA51, Llyr and 3 others like this.
  20. Norcalnewb

He is definitely smoother than me at this point! It is great. He spends time working his "slather" and then takes it so seriously to put it on just right. He is learning how to hold a razor while at it. We have a good time with it. It is one of things I look forward to most on the weekends.

Herm2502, wristwatchb, grump and 8 others like this.