SoS: March 30, 2015 - April 5, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 29, 2015.

1. spacehobo

spacehobo Well-Known Member

SOTD April 2nd 2015

Prep: Hot shower
    Brush: Omega 80080 Boar Brush :love055:
    Soap: Maggard London Barbershop :love055:
    Razor: Merkur 34C
    Blade: Treet (2)
    Post: Cold rinse, Alum block, Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive ASB

Today's shave was pleasant but OK. I feel no stubble on my face so I deem this shave BBS, but unfortunately I nicked myself a few times during ATG.

My first time using Maggard's Barbershop soap and I love it! Left my face feeling nice and smooth!

I also thought the Treet blade already started to feel dull during its second use. Normal for this brand? :signs002:

Hope everyone's having a great day! :eatdrink013:

[​IMG]

Hodge, figment714, Bobcat and 32 others like this.
  2. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

2 Apr 2015
    Soap - MdC Scented
    Brush - WD Silvertip 24/50
    Razor - Rockwell 6S
    Blade - Ladas (2)
    AS - Pinaud Clubman Vanilla

Fantastic shave....that is all
    2 Apr.jpg

figment714, Bobcat, Llyr and 30 others like this.
  3. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

Well, I may very well have to break my "Arko April" vow. Just found out that Wet Shave Club is sending out a full sized tin of "Smolder" scent shave soap from The Blades Grim. Can you say excited? I feel like a kid on Christmas!!! :happy036:

Hodge, Llyr, Troy M and 2 others like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Thursday:
    hot shower w/Lilac Vegetal scented body wash
    ShaveSecret PSO
    Maggard MR4 2+ passes
    Rapira Swedish Supersteel (4)
    Maggard Lilac soap
    Semogue 1305 boar
    Humphrey's Lilac WH
    Lilac Vegetal AS Lotion

Early shave today and a late post. Had a very similar shave a couple weeks ago but used a different razor and a Lilac scented bar soap in the shower instead of my Veg scented body wash. I'm gravitating towards all my floral stuff trying to pretend like it's warm and spring-like and temperatures are above freezing.
    A great shave today and another step closer to purchasing a large quantity of Rapira SS blades.

Hodge, figment714, Tdmsu and 28 others like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150403.JPG
    Friday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    TOBS Grapefruit
    Jayaruh WC4 HMB
    Gillette Fatboy F2
    Sputnik Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Lemon WH
    Pinaud Vegetal

The TOBS Grapefruit Shaving Cream face-lathered well with my Jayaruh WC4 HMB Brush. Two passes with my Gillette Fatboy razor and a Sputnik Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Lemon WH and then Pinaud Vegetal after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  6. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

Friday Planned SOTD
    004.JPG

Razor: WSC JB
    Blade: Crown Super Stainless (7) (they last forever!)
    Soap: Arko Shave Stick
    Brush: WSC Pure Boar Bristle
    AS: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
    Fragrance: British Sterling cologne

First official "Arko April" shave, and first shave with an Arko stick (normally I use a puck). Now I just need to find a decent shave stick tube (preferably one of the vintage metal tubes), without breaking the bank. lol

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Fourth day with the Leresche #51.
    I'd say this was an excellent shave - I think I have fully adjusted to the head and handle now and it resulted in another very clean, smooth shave.
    The only thing that would make this razor even better is if the handle was just a tad longer - which is obviously a very subjective preference.

[​IMG]

8. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

MdC lathers like a champ. 10 seconds loading the brush and straight to face lathering provided a thick and slick lather. I did over do it with 3 full passes and felt irration on my cheeks as the day wore on. BBS though. Likely the closest shave ever. The soap definately has good post shave feel. My skin still feels silky smooth tonight. All in all an excellant first MdC shave.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Plan for 03 April 2015

[​IMG]

10. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Guy Hope you had a Great Birthday. Her's a belated Happy Birthday.
    HappyBirthday.jpg

MoAllen, Bobcat, Llyr and 10 others like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Happy Passover and Happy Easter to everyone here!

Friday's planned shave:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Sharp day 5
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Chabrawichi 555 Cologne

Once again I'm selecting some of my coldest products for a great face-freezing shave. The Glacial Obsidian soap has such intense menthol that it feels almost painfully-cold, and when you lather up for a second pass you wonder if you'll be able to tolerate it on your face. One great thing about this soap - it leaves your skin feeling not only frozen, also well-moisturized and soothed. The Gold Bond moisturizer prevents dryness and irritation while putting another coating of ice on your face, and the Rubby Dubby Doo makes you feel like your face is in a fridge. My Sharp blade is really doing the job well this week! ;) :D

Wishing everyone a nice weekend in advance! :)

13. PatrickA51

That's a great picture. How do you like your Futur razor?

Bama Samurai, Llyr, Stroker and 2 others like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Happy Passover to the leader of all things frosty!

Llyr, PatrickA51, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  15. PatrickA51

Gary;
    Did you have a bad night?

16. PatrickA51

אולי יש לך כל האושר ופסח שמח
    Have Happy Easter Too.
    I forgot that not only is Friday "Good Friday" but it's also the first night of Passover.

MoAllen, Llyr, grump and 2 others like this.
  17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh, gam ata medaber ivrit - kol ha kavod lekha! (Oh, you speak Hebrew also - all glory to you!) :)

18. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thank you Patrick!!

Bama Samurai, crackstar, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  19. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Thanks Patrick. The Futur is a good razor but, I prefer the Gillette Adjustables better. The Futur is very aggressive (I don't mind that so much) but the handle is too slippery for me. The Gillette Super Adjustable I used this morning is more compact and has much better grip and control. ;)

20. PatrickA51

Not very well at all.
    . הו, אתה מדבר גם עברית - כל תהילה לך! לא טוב מאוד בכלל, השכן שלי כאשר הייתי ילד המתגוררים בארה ב חיל הים דיור היה רבי זה עוד לפני שנים ממה שאני רוצה לזכור.

Bama Samurai, Llyr and crackstar like this.