Really Enjoying Shave Sticks!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by LaSalle82, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Seabs

Seabs Well-Known Member

The signature is my favorite. I hope you enjoy as much as I do!

2. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

Oh man, I was debating on getting a bowl or the sample of it but then chickened out and went with the sample and picked out the unscented one in a bowl. Sounds like I should have switched that! Dang it!!! :)

3. Seabs

Seabs Well-Known Member

You can always buy more ;) I have 5 or 6 tsd soaps. Please don't ask me how many total time I have acquired in the past 6 months... Self medicating via shave soap and products.

4. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

I really miss those days !

SDK likes this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The Signature scent hits my nose with a big dose of clove and some spice...mostly clove.

spacehobo and Seabs like this.
  6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I have two sticks. One is VDH melted and scented and placed in a recycled deodorant tube. Both work great, I can easily get three passes with one application. These are in my travel kit . One other benefit, is having the warm brush coming out of the hot water right to my face :) Still need to get an Arko stick (only have puck form)
    WP_20150330_010.jpg

7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I love shave sticks too. Wilkinson Sword is another great one that I didn't notice anyone mentioning. TSD soaps are top-notch.

I've also found that I can use pretty much any puck of soap as a stick. Just wrap a piece of aluminum foil around half of it and go to work. Right now I'm using a puck of AOS unscented as a stick and it works great. It's an expensive soap but the results I'm getting really are better than I can get with most other soaps I've tried. It's one of those rare soaps that leaves me feeling like an after shave is redundant (but I still use some anyway) :).

CyanideMetal likes this.
  8. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He gets it!!!!:happy096:

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I like TSD Lanolin sticks very much, used a a stick. Best shave stick out there.

I cut up other sticks (Arko!!!) and load from a container, face lathering with a loaded brush. I don't really bowl lather much anymore.

CyanideMetal and HolyRollah like this.
  10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Agreed!
    tsd_stix.jpg

11. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Spyder and HolyRollah like this.
  12. lnxgeek

lnxgeek New Member

DR Harris Windsor is the only one I tried so far. Liked the face lathering actually. Bought it for my travel setup.