One Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Queen of Blades, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    What's your favorite, must-have aftershave balm/splash/whatever? Which one can't you live without?

2. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Royall Bay Rum is my favorite, though it seems a bit extreme to say I couldn't live without it. After all, before this place, I had never used any type of aftershave (really) and somehow managed.

Don't care for any of the balms I've tried...at all.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wa'Allahi Azim, JoAnna, I don't know--perhaps for me, Booster Mosswood?

4. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

The one constant in every shave, the lowly Witch Hazel. I'll save the scents for the Colognes and such.

5. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I guess I have to say Proraso since it is the one I replace the most. Speick is a very close second.

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Italian Floid.....

Pinaud Clubman would be a close second

7. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Wow. Tough one.

I'd have to say Aqua Velva Ice Blue, with Proraso splash and then Old Spice (Shulton's) tied for a close second. The latter more for sentimental reasons than anything.

8. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Wow, what a tough decision. JoAnna has made me a test batch of an unscented aftershave splash. For me that's wonderful, as I can wear any cologne with it I want. If I left that out, i'd say old spice lime.

9. crackstar

my 2nd choice would probably be Alt Innsbruck.

10. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Without a doubt, not even a blink, it’s Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue!
    All others are mere passing fancies!

11. crackstar

oufffff, Bobby, I cannot remember when the last it was I had Old Spice Lime a/s, or cologne--maybe, back in Israel, in 1974.

12. I don't know if its a "must have" but I have purchased and used more Egoiste by Chanel than any other. Of course, Old Spice and Aqua Velva sit proudly on the same shelf.

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No Anherb mentioned yet? :confused:

14. crackstar

oh, yes, JoAnna--you're right, I do love Anherb as well. :D

15. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Put a gun to my head, and its gotta be Aqua Velva......but I'm a glutton for variety, need the Whole collection to feel complete ;)

16. mercV12

mercV12 Member

WELEDA.... of course.

17. Las Medusas

Las Medusas New Member

Vifrex Dopo Barba from Italy is on the fast track to becoming one of my favorite aftershaves. It's a clear gel, and it certainly is the most cooling (menthol) of all the aftershaves I've tried to date. The scent is very, very nice--similar (loosely) to Blue Floid. I can catch little whiffs of it all day long. Vifrex has nice skin conditioning/healing properties too. I'm growing very attached to this little gem. I miss it when I use something else. :love029

John

18. 019

019 New Member

I would have to say Pre de Provence but I don't have a huge collection of aftershaves

19. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

20. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Tough call! I've recently had a call to return to "Old Spice", must be my age. :D