1924 - Round comb or flat comb - shave differences?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by bald as, Apr 12, 2015.

1. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

As you do, well I do often. I got a 1924, at least I will have in a couple of weeks, and after some research discovered that 2 variations of the comb exist. Rounded and flat. My question if you have both what shave differences are there? Mine is a flat comb version.
    I have a 1912 British model and while it looks a face slasher it is a very comfortable shave. Some say it is aggressive but to me it is quite nice. Anyone compared a flattened comb 1924 to a 1912? In the more modern Gems is there a comparison to the 1924?

Steve.

2. King camp

King camp Well-Known Member

Flat comb is more aggressive then the rounded tooth comb and both are more agressive then the 1912. More modern well the OCMM is from the 1940's but its far more aggressive then even te 1924. The clog pruf came after the OCMM but everything after that is excessively mild.

3. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

Thanks King camp. On a scale of 1912 to MMOC how would you rate the 1924 compared to the MMCP. I do appreciate it is a YMMV situation but I was pleasantly surprised the 1912 is aggressive noise more than slash your face.

Steve

4. King camp

King camp Well-Known Member

I would say about halfway in-between possibly a little closer to the 1912 then the Micromatic. The 1924 would have to be my favourite se but then again I don't have a Streamline/Jewel