SoS: April 27, 2015 - May 3, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Apr 26, 2015.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh my goodness - we're soon going to be in May. This year is flying!

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new SuperMax Blue
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    YSL Pour Homme EdT

Now, how's that for a face-freezing set-up? The Glacial Wintergreen soap has that awesome scent which is so refreshing and invigorating - as my man Rod puts it, "This soap is like a punch in the face from a snowman. A snowman who just brushed his teeth!" I agree with him all the way. I'm still using a puck from one of his older batches, but it's excellent. Great lather with the renowned freezing sensation which hits HARD. The matching aftershave balm and witch hazel are definitely more intense than the Rubby Dubby Doo. ;) :D

2. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Rod's descriptions of his soaps are my second favorite thing about his soaps. Second only to the performance. And it's a close second.

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

April 27 Plans

Stirling Sheep facial soap
    Merkur 37C slant bar razor

Feather blade (day 2)
    Omega 98 Professional boar brush
    Arko & glycerin
    Two passes
    Alum, Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Nivea Sensitive Post-Shave Balm

My shaves during Arko April have been great. I'm a new Arko user, and I have nothing but praise for its solid performance. My lathering skills have improved this month, but I still rate Arko as the best soap I've ever used. The scent became tolerable after the first two weeks.

At the end of the week, I'll begin Mayhem May. It will include my Weber PH loaded with a Feather blade and a different soap or cream each week. I've got a few new ones to try, starting with MdC. To create some additional mayhem, I plan to use different brushes too.

Blessings!

SOTD_042715.jpg

4. Alin P.

Alin P. Member

tsd_04.jpg Bluebeards Revenge Shavette with Personna blade;
    HJM boar brush;
    Palmolive Cool :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Tarr Super Aftershave.
    Guerlain Vetiver EDT.

The shave was good, i managed to get a DFS with 2 passes.

Martin-j, Recklesstr, ObiDon and 29 others like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150427.JPG
    Monday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap
    Jayaruh WC4 HMB
    '62 Gillette Slim
    Rapira Super Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Lemon WH
    Pinaud Classic Vanilla

The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh WC4 HMB brush. Two passes with my '62 Gillette Slim razor and a Rapira Super Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Lemon WH and then Pinaud Classic Vanilla after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    Martin-j, Recklesstr, ObiDon and 27 others like this.
  6. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Culmak soap, Seehund 5/8, Edwin Jagger Synthetic Brush, Alum, Brut AS

Martin-j, Recklesstr, ObiDon and 28 others like this.
  7. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

:Animatedfrozensmily:SOTD for Menthol Monday, April 27 :Animatedfrozensmily:

Razor: 1958 Executive (24kt replate by RazorPlate)
    Blade: Astra SP (4)
    Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip
    Soap: Stirling Black Ice :smiley freezing::smiley freezing:
    AS: Barbasol Pacific Rush :smiley freezing::smiley freezing:

Still loving my Executive. :love055: I've had several days of almost effortless, smooth, comfortable DFS/BBS 3-pass shaves. (WTG/XTG/ATG).

(Sorry, pic is a bit out of focus. Are there TSD photography classes? :happy102:)

4-27-15.JPG

Martin-j, Recklesstr, ObiDon and 30 others like this.
  8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

MONDAY
    Evening Shave for Tomorrow
    Seems like yesterday since my dawn shave this morning so I figured I'd go ahead and enjoy an evening shave for Monday! :D
    Two straight razor shave in one day? :eek: Sure…why not? Second was just as enjoyable as the first…plus I was a little more awake for the second one!
    Have a great Monday, all!
    [​IMG]

9. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Planned Menthol Monday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Schick J type Injector razor
    Schick blade (4)
    Omega Mixed Midget brush
    Pacific Shave Co PSO
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint shave soap
    Booster Polar Ice aftershave splash

This was my travel kit for an over nighter away from home. I have to be at the hospital early tomorrow morning to have the steel rod I've had inserted in my thumb removed.

I can see the bottom of the tin of the Glacial Spearmint and really just wanna finish it off, hence the reason for bringing it. It will be my menthol Monday soap until done.

10. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

:happy088:
    Here's a thumbs up for hospital visit tomorrow :happy088:

11. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Menthol Monday Planned SOTD

Razor: PILS 101NE
    Blade: Super Iridium (D3)
    Brush: Wolf Whiskers 24mm HMB
    Bowl: Georgetown G12
    Pre Shave Scrub: RazoRock GLO
    Pre Shave Oil: Frosted Woodlands
    Shave Soap: Tiki Frosted Woodlands
    Aftershave: Neumann Absolute Zero

[​IMG]

12. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks Guy. Im just glad I didnt seriously hurt myself shaving left handed for the last 6 weeks.

13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a quick recovery!

14. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday
    Krampert's Frostbite soap and aftershave are an excellent combination. They are not face freezers, but the skincare is among the best in menthol. The scent is refreshing, like a frosty pine forest. The soap lathers very easily, providing plenty of glide for my Aristocrat.
    Prep: Proraso White
    Soap: Krampert's Finest Frostbite
    Brush: HIS
    Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
    Blade: voskhod
    AS: Krampert's Finest Frostbite
    [​IMG]

15. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

image.jpg

Menthol Monday April 27:

Homemade PS Oil
    Vie-long Horsehair Brush
    Stirling Frozen Tundra
    FB w/Rapira PL set on 8
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill AS

Back to my favorite Rapira blades. The menthol was working this morning. I am chilled and alert. I do think the Glacial AS could be called Glacial Fire, as they burn and chill at the same time.

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I had a great Triple Freeze Menthol Monday Shave this morning from the Glacial Wintergreen soap, followed by the matching aftershave balm and witch hazel. My eyes were tearing for a while!

17. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

April 27, 2015

Prep: Warm wash with Kirk's Castile soap
    Lather: St. James of London Mandarin & Patchouli
    Brush: TGN synthetic
    Razor: Weber PH
    Blade: Merkur Super (2)

Starting in with a 4 brush rotation - TGN synthetic, Vie-Long 13061M, Omega 10061 and Omega 6214 silvertip. I rarely keep a brush that I don't like and all 4 of these are turning out to be outstanding performers. I have maybe 7-10 shaves left with the St. James cream and while it has been outstanding, I am ready to finish it up and move on to something else.

[​IMG]

18. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday:

Prep: Hot shower, Neutrogena Invigorating Face Wash, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Soap: Ginger's Garden Grapefruit Mint glycerin soap
    Razor: RazoRock Bamboozled RAKE OC
    Blade: Bic (2)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG (4, 5, 6)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma alum, Dickinson's WH, Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS splash
    Cologne: Xeryus by Givenchy

I thought about using the Glacial Obsidian this morning, I really did, but I couldn't bring myself to put off face-lathering for another day, and I don't enjoy the results of face-lathering Stirling. So, I reached for the much less mentholated Ginger's Garden Grapefruit Mint, to get great lather and the fun of face-lathering. Operator error again caused a small weeper on my upper lip on the 3rd pass, but I got otherwise BBS results without difficulty.

19. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I found a couple of Feather blades the other day and decided that there was no use in keeping 2 blades around to use sometime in the future. So, I decided to use them now. 3 passes and a very nice finish today.

L'Occitane Cade
    Feather blade
    Slim Adjustable

20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Schick I2 razor
    Personna blade
    Lord SC
    FS Silver Tip brush
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel/Sage mix
    Barbasol Brisk A/S

Mighty fine shave indeed! The I2 is a great shaver, the Lord SC a delight and I'm a happy guy.