Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Classic Clubman is a wonderful scent that is unique to itself. All of the other Pinuad offerings have similar base notes to my nose. If you like Citrus Musk, you should like the Lime Sec and the rest of the line. They are all lighter than Clubman, and pleasant in their own way. Great summer barbeque type splashes!

I enjoy them all so much, that I am still surprised how negative my reaction to The Veg was. I thought for sure I was going to be chosen!

2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

The Veg= the exception proving the rule.

SDK likes this.
  3. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I've been using my Schick G1 Injector this week. I don't use it as much as I should considering it gives really great shaves. The small head has just the right amount of aggressiveness and maneuvers easily especially under my nose. Today was my 4th shave on a Schick blade and the results were excellent getting a CCS!

photo (2).JPG

Jayaruh likes this.
  4. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

headlines injector.jpg
    The headlines are: Arko and Schick Injector provide AMAZING BBS SHAVE and for a bit, I thought that maybe the injector was redundant.... so wrong.

Jayaruh and clint64 like this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Maybe you need to experience how great the Veg is as a mixer first.......I like to first splash with Reg Clubman/Classic Vanila half in half....followed by a palm of Aqua Velva Musk with 4 drops of the Veg added to it.....
    I know 4 drops sounds funny, but this stuff is like Nitro....But make no mistake...4 or 5 drops in a palm full of Aqua Velva Musk or Clubman Vanilla and the Lilac scent cannot be denied....But the "Whole" becomes a more complex and quality scent than any of the "Parts" by themselves....At Least thats my story and I'm sticking to it.......lol!
    Try it! But Warning!!!! Just be careful...Women can't seem to control themselves after checking out this fragrance on a man....You might have to hold straight pins in your mouth to keep them from kissing you.....:happy097::happy102: You think I'm kidding.....?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    zec668 likes this.
  6. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

so had my first shave with my injector...not to bad i must say....not to bad at all

jakie55 and feeltheburn like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

:happy096: It only get better from here, my friend....

8. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

A new Canadian Schick Type G
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, jakie55 and clint64 like this.
  9. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

You say that like it's a bad thing!

Bird Lives likes this.
  10. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

My collection of schicks and SE's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. jakie55

WOW, Roderik... A great collection.... No wonder I can't find anything locally!:happy102:

clint64 likes this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The May Lineup
    injectormonth15.jpg
    May will be Injector Month for me. Here is my lineup for May. Week 1 will be the Schick E2. Week 2 will be my Dad's E3. Week 3 will be the Schick J2. Week 4 will finish off the month with the Schick L1. Also pictured is my new Jayaruh #8 badger brush. It is patterned after the Rubberset 400. I will be alternating between it and my Jayaruh WC1 silver tip badger brush.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  13. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Great collections guys :happy088:

Also, have fun with the Injector focus Jim. I thoroughly enjoyed my "Injector April"....

clint64 and Jayaruh like this.
  14. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Success at last! I picked up some SE blades at my local CVS and tried my Star razor (gift from Omaney) once again. What a difference a blade can make! Thanks again to Omaney and Bird Lives for their helpful advice. NOW I understand why SE razors are so popular. What a really nice shave. I understand now that the technique is a bit different than a DE, but the "sweet spot" (angle) seems easier to find. I went cautiously and slowly and ended up with a decent shave, not BBS but very good. I'm glad I can expand my RAD to include SE razors! Our at least I think I'm happy about that. ?

clint64, SDK and Jayaruh like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Yep, once you find the sweet spot, you can get a great shave.

clint64, SDK and Herm2502 like this.
  16. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Almost forgot to add my latest SE acquisition

[​IMG]

17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    znice_razor.png

SDK and clint64 like this.
  18. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

Great thread!!

19. jakie55

Had an amazing shave with my newly acquired Featherweight, with a Personna PTFE blade. Two passes, and a BBS result. Eight hours later, and I still have very little stubble.

Bird Lives, Cap7597 and clint64 like this.
  20. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

Hi Herm,

Try a dry run shave without the blade and just some water on your face to get the feel and visual of the razor head. The 1912 sounds quite aggressive and can give the impression of a rough shave but the actual results are exceptional. With that razor just use short 1-2 inch strokes and little to no pressure. Allow the razor blade to skim the skin. Don't angle it too much or it will scrap.

SE's are great and while they do have a short learning curve they are not too difficult.

Steve

Herm2502, Cap7597 and clint64 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.