Favorite Bay Rum soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Padron, Jun 21, 2007.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I might have to spring for the Calani Bay rum next time then :) or one of her other offerings.

Omelmad likes this.
  2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

2 months more haha

tuxxdk likes this.
  3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Good to see some O the old stuff resurrected here!
    Tell MoM I said "Hello"

4. Omelmad

I'm definitely gonna try this soap some day

5. Omelmad

I have 2 bay rum soaps, Taconic and colonel conk and 2 samples, B&M and Stirling soap.

I love all these scents. I have never used my BM sample but Stirling is amazing.

Both the soaps smell nice, but I need to figure out how to get better lather with them. For this I need to do a focus with them, maybe 10 shaves in a row with the same soap

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have Col. Conk's bay rum, Love My Skin, and Taconic both the cream and the soap. they all have a unique scent to them. the Col. is more sweet, the LMS has a strong pine scent and the Taconic has a strong cinimon-clove type scent. there are a lot of soap makers and they all seem to have a different interpretation.

7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

sadly my favorite bay rum soap so far has been Nana June's bay rum. I got a pick from the box tour last year. I liked it so well,I tried to reorder it online. the company no longer was in business.
    the soap was an exact match with virgin island bay rum, and was slick and rich lather.
    I hope to find one that does as well.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I picked up the TSD Signature scent which is a variation of Bay Rum. I'm really enjoying the scent and performance. I will likely order TSD Bay Rum at some point.

9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

oh wait how could I forget Ogallala! they r my favorite scent of all the bay rums. the limes and peppercorn, sage and cedar, sandalwood, and the sweet orange are all great and I like their scent better than any other bay rum I have.

old-school shaver and Omelmad like this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

If I haven't said this already, I think the world of JoAnna's TSD Bay Rum soap.

clint64, Omelmad and bnccna2 like this.
  11. bnccna2

bnccna2 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking I should have added a stick of that on my last order... alas, I will learn one day to order everything I want at the same time.

crackstar likes this.
  12. Omelmad

I don't think you have =P it's good to know!

crackstar likes this.