SoS: May 25, 2015 - May 31, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, May 24, 2015.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Clean photo...:happy088::happy088:

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Looks great. Nice razor.:happy088::happy088:

3. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    SOTD - Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Shower
    Prep: Citrus & Cedar PSO
    Brush: Simpsons Duke 3
    Soap: Stirling Padre Island
    Razor: Merkur 38C
    Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3)
    Post; Nivea Men Sensitive PSB
    Aftershave: Floid SE Mentolado Vigoroso

wristwatchb, Lyndon, bnccna2 and 29 others like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great setup.:happy088::happy088:

Llyr, vwp528, spacehobo and 4 others like this.
  5. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

SOTD 5-26-15

PRESHAVE: Face wash with soap and warm/hot water
    RAZOR: iKon OSS Dual Comb w/ Bulldog handle
    BLADE: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
    SOAP: Proraso White Tub
    BOWL: VDH
    BRUSH: VDH Boar
    POST: Rinse with warm/hot water to get soap off and then some cold water rinses/splashes and pat try.

Comments: For today I decided to use the iKon OSS Dual Comb razor and it actually gave me a very good and easy DFS shave. I forgot how somewhat mild but efficient this razor is. It worked very well for a two day growth. I used the OC side for the whole three pass shave with very little touchup! No complaints on the razor! Soap was very good andd never fails to create a great lather which slick and provides great protection! No irritation at all but I did get one weeper but not a big one! The Gillette Silver Blue blade felt alot better this shave than it did it the last shave with the Wolfman razor. I am still not sure I like the GSB's though but will keep try them seeing I have over 200 of them! It was very good shave today with no issues on any gear or soap used!

Please feel free to leave comments on any items us
    ed as I enjoy reading them to see what others say about the gear I am using/trying out! Of course, YMMV!

Thx.
    SOTD_052615.jpg

6. Richardjl41

Richardjl41 Well-Known Member

7. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

LOL...she is much better than I am, and she has the better gear as well. I do steal some editing tips....

It's fun to change it up.

Llyr, vwp528, Hodge and 5 others like this.
  8. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Yes, and in the jar too, directly from Martin De Candre.

Llyr, vwp528, Hodge and 3 others like this.
  9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks! It may be the best shaving Super Speed. Definitely the smallest handle. A Korean War Special!

Llyr, vwp528, Douglas Carey and 2 others like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD 26 May 2015

30 Day Rule with a Schick!

image.jpg

After seeing the post earlier today by @HolyRollah , I decided to break out the menthol big guns for this late afternoon shave. It was kinda warm and muggy in the sun today, so the cool felt great. I don't normally do much prep and have mostly oily skin, so preshave balm is only an occasional wandering for me. The TSD Exclusive Iced SubZero products are a great way to freeze your face. The skincare from the Forum store products is first rate, and it's a great way to support the best little forum on the web!

About the shave, 2 pass plus touch up yielded a fine shave, near BBS, on day five for this blade. I am switching to XTG with pressure around the chin, and shorter more deliberate strokes in general. The injector just continues to deliver! After trying Florida Water, it has moved into a solid second place behind Lilac Vegetal on my AS faves list.

I hope everyone had a great shave, and an even better day! I love short weeks after a holiday weekend!

Have a great Wednesday!
    :)

11. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Thank you!

Llyr, vwp528, Bama Samurai and 3 others like this.
  12. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you and that was very funny! :happy102:

Llyr, vwp528, Bama Samurai and 5 others like this.
  13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wednesday morning's shaving plans:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Derby day 3
    Stirling Glacial Lavender SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Chabrawichi 555 Cologne

Our weather is getting as hot as hell again so I'll be needing as much menthol as I could get to keep my "cool." The Glacial Lavender soap is a perfect choice - that gorgeous scent, that wonderful lather, and that freezing cold sensation are just what I need for that purpose. This soap is from last year's production, and it's so good. The Gold Bond moisturizer feels so cooling and soothing, while the Rubby Dubby Doo prolongs the chill for a long time. The Derby blade is really doing a bang-up job of getting me BBS! ;) :D

14. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

SOTD May 26th will be my 1st time participating in Tabac Tuesday

Tabac Stick face lathered with Omega 6151 Pure badger
    Gillette New LC w/Derby Blade (3)
    Witch Hazel followed by Nivea Sensitive Balm
    Clubman Vanilla Aftershave

2-passes plus touch-up for a DFS!

I really like the lather that the Tabac provides. Very thick w/great cushion and I love the scent...............

150526.jpg

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave for 26 May 2015 and Planned Shave for 27 May 2015

[​IMG]

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150527.JPG
    Wednesday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    TOBS St. James Collection
    Jayaruh #6 High Mountain Badger
    Schick L-1
    Personna Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Barbasol Brisk AS

The TOBS St. James Collection Shaving Cream face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #6 High Mountain Badger brush. Two passes with my Schick L-1 razor and a Personna Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Barbasol Brisk after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good looking brush. How do you like the High Mountain Badger. I have one in my Grandfathers WDC-2 brush and I am very satisfied with the knot.

Llyr, vwp528, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks.

Llyr, vwp528, crackstar and 1 other person like this.
  19. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

Recently @maltedmilk sent me some SE razors and one of them was a Micromatic Open Comb. I didn't know what to expect as many people post horror stories of the aggressiveness of this razor and the bloodbaths that ensue so I approached this mornings shave with "care". It is marginally more aggressive feeling than the 1924 however there is a real sense you are very close to the exposed blade. The blade I used was up to its 7th shave this morning yet it felt as good as shave #1. The expression no pressure is so important with this razor because you are sitting almost directly on the cutting edge. Having said that, the shave was magnificent. The sensation of the stiff ultra sharp blade and the audio feedback is very addictive. Finding the angle was simple and short strokes countered any feelings of loosing control.

Standard SE 2 passes for DFS/BBS
    #1 Turkish brush and face lathered my homebrew soap.
    Cold water between passes and a cold face shower to finish with a splash of Witch Hazel.
    I had one minuscule knick this morning because I believed I was better than I was :) So small it washed off.

What a truly amazing razor. The shave is so close I know I will not need to shave tomorrow. I just wonder how many shaves a GEM blade will give in this type of razor.

Steve

20. michaelAD

michaelAD Well-Known Member

Menthol Tuesday

NDC Superspeed
    PolSilver Super Iridium (2)
    B&B Essential Boar - Frosted Blue
    Proraso Green
    Jack Black Double Duty Moisturizer IMG_1400.jpg