First brush

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Nicholasjh, Jun 2, 2015.

1. bruiser

bruiser New Member

Semogue Boar brushes 1305 or 620. Or Plisson synthetic

PLANofMAN likes this.
  2. jamespasini69

jamespasini69 Well-Known Member

Larry at whipped dog is great. I have one of his high mountain badger brushes. If you are looking for name brand, Simpson special s1 best badger is a good one.

3. deltashave

deltashave New Member

A fellow shaver once told me that he had the same problem even after breaking in the brush. Turns out that he wasn't soaking the brush enough before shaving...once he let it soak during his shower it mainly stopped shedding.

Assuming you're already doing that, i don't think you can go wrong with Semogue, Omega, or Frank Shaving (Finest or Silvertip) given cost and quality. I'm looking forward to trying whipped dog at some point too, but don't have any experience with them today.

4. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I find the Omega boar bristle brushes to be solid and dependable..and for the price you can't go wrong. As someone noted above I generally soak my brush while going through my pre-shave routine...have not lost a bristle yet.

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

my vote goes to the Omega s synthetic. it is a great brush and it never sheds and its only around $8. great value. I also bought a Marvy brush from sally's beauty and it was a total piece of junk. it would shed handfuls like 20-30 hairs per shave. no joke. I did everything to make it work but it was no use. they also have the new Fine Angel Hair Synthetic that just came out for around $20. I picked one up but I haven't used it yet. it is super soft but has great backbone just from the feel of it I assume it will be a great brush.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Good grief guys. He picked up a black tip from Whipped Dog.

7. Nicholasjh

Nicholasjh New Member

It's been working great BTW! Thanks for all the enthusiastic help.

8. Nicholasjh

Nicholasjh New Member

Good to hear aboutsoaking the brush. Didn't know about that

troy_gies likes this.