Best Shave Cream EVER!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Deniz, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I have the Lilac, Orange Menthol, London Barbershop, Limes & Bergamot, Fougere Sauvage, and Mango Sage Tea. I love them all, great scents, very easy to lather, very slick. Maggard's is a first class family business with great products and very quick service---they even have a coupon you can purchase for 19.95 and get free shipping on everything for 6 months! They are my favorite vendor and carry a very large inventory. Check them out.

2. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

That's a tough one. It would be between TOBS Jermyn Street and Palmolive.

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

yea I've used Maggard's croap. the mango sage tea is my favorite. great performance. the London barbershop burned my face a little but the scent and performance are on point. they are made by the same company that makes the Through The Fire Fine Craft soaps. I got a few samples in today so I will have to see if its the same soap with different scents or not

45auto likes this.
  4. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

When you ask anyone who's been lucky enough to afford it, they almost always answer Xpec.

5. Brad58

Brad58 Member

My favorite is Castle Forbes Lime........

6. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Hmmmmm...I am just expanding my horizons with soaps and creams, so my suggestion comes from limited experience. I enjoy Nivea Original. It is inexpensive, builds a great lather and provides a never-fail great shave. One of my all time favourites. I've been using it off and on for a long time.

entropy1049 likes this.
  7. hrfdez

hrfdez Active Member

My favorite is CF Lavender and Lime. I like others, but CF has been very consistent for me.

8. mickeyobe

mickeyobe Active Member

MEM.

Omaney likes this.
  9. Blauer Max

Blauer Max Well-Known Member

I'd like to purchase this cream. I prefer simple scents more than complex ones. Could you describe the scent?

10. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I may be a creature of habit, but I've been lovin the rich cushiony lather that I've been getting from soap commander products. I've assembled a number of their scents, the are very nice. only the endurance needed a little tweak to be spot on. and the rose can only be experienced to understand.
    while I stand by my earlier answer as, Truefitt& Hill, I think soap commander deserves an honorable mention.

entropy1049 likes this.
  11. shoulderpet

shoulderpet New Member

Acqua di parma , expensive but worth every penny imo

Jasman likes this.
  12. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, this was Bogart's choice.

Billyfergie likes this.
  13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

When and IF he decide to shave….;)
    [​IMG]

Billyfergie likes this.
  14. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Fair point, and I believe he used the scent, specifically. I'm unsure if he shaved with their cream, upon reflection (and coffee).

15. 211bma

211bma Active Member

I only use Cremo as a preshave to hold in water while I build a lather and to add a little extra slickness under What ever I'm really shaving with. I am really a soap guy but there are a few creams I keep in my rotation, TOBS, and The Body Shop Maca Root are my favorites.

16. Paladin38201

Paladin38201 Member

C. O. Bigelow is a pretty good cream IMHO

Omelmad likes this.
  17. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

Geo F Trumper for me. Outside of two preservatives its all regular soap making ingredients.

18. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

My favourite Shaving Cream is Wars Classic Shaving Cream from Poland...:chores016:

Billy

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I haven't used that many creams but I really, really like the Arko "Cool" I just got out of the travel box. Looking forward to trying the Palmolive as well.

20. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

don't care for lime but CF is for sure one of the top crèmes. I have the Lavender & the Sandalwood and enjoy them a lot ( along with a lot of others. DR Harris crèmes are very hard to top. T & H also