WTB: QED Wild Rose *DONE*

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by iron maiden, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

I'd like it to be new if possible.

Thanks in advance.

2. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Good luck! Only today did my search end.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Have you given Charles a call, Dave?

I recall reading somewhere that he sometimes has a few on hand.

4. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

Why thank you, JoAnna! I'll send him an email.

5. Queen of Blades

Good luck and Godspeed, Dave! :happy088

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Charles definitely doesnt have any. I called him and asked him about Wild Rose and Violetta. he said..as I had already known......It was a group buy.and he doesnt stock them.

Try some of JoAnna's Victorian/Rose Garden soaps. Padron......the king of rose soaps has said that the Victorian Rose smells awesome. Ill be purchasing some here shortly.

7. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

maybe its time for a new TSD group buy ? I dont know just thinking outloud here if we get plenty of people onboard he might be willing to heat up his cooking stove again ?

I know from the last time QED wont ship directly to those interested only to one contact and its their problem to re-distribute there the smartest would be that the TSD store would handle this so people could combine shipping and get some more stuff from the TSD store while your at it.

just my 2 cents,

whatever you decide im IN the last time I said im IN I never received anything :mad:

8. Hi All,
    The member's suggestion of a group buy is an interesting subject. The last one for this fragrance was well over a year ago, and nothing produced in any quantity since.
    Hehe, I don't know how many of you look in over at SRP, but a group buy was suggested a few months ago. It never came about for one reason or another, but Charles WAS willing to make the stuff up.
    I use the 'Wild Rose' very rarely, but not because I don't like it. This soap is just so intense that I can only handle it when I'm in exactly the right mood.......like when I wanna get blown away by ROSE. Very fun on occasion.
    I'd imagine that there's be little problem meeting his minimum order requirements, and hopefully he'd still be willing to mix some up.
    Martin

9. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

The thought of a group buy is intriguing. However, I was in on the thread over at B&B after it had floundered at SRP....evidently an Essential Oil rose would be VERY expensive. Like $75 or so a tub...so, the thought has died down over there as well.

Maybe we could do a Fragrance Oil rose like Wild Rose 2nd edition?

Just my thoughts....

BTW, I did order the Victorian Rose and Rose Garden sticks from the store here....JoAnna has always seemed so friendly and helpful.

10. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Yeah..i have the Rose Garden. Im looking forward to getting the Victorian Rose.

Neale really got me on the Rose kick.....and his recommendations are top in my book.

11. Hi there Dave,
    I also think the FO based original version would be fine. Last time it was offered, it went for under $20 per tub. This is the version that everyone's familiar with.
    Now, as for your order from JoAnna. I have a number of her soaps and find them to be excellent performers. Never sniffed any of her rose products, but let me mention one quick thing. I find her soaps take a bit more water than you might be used to, and they also take a little longer to whip up for me. The resulting lather is some of the best I've ever tried. It's a little different animal, but very shaver friendly.
    Martin

12. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

Martin, thanks for the advice. I don't mind a FO soap....the B&B Violetta was FO, and it is awesome.

Plus, under 20 a tub would be more my speed.

13. Las Medusas

Las Medusas New Member

I'm in for at least two tubs, whatever the scent may be. I asked Charles if he had any Rose or Violetta left a while back and was told no too. And I think he said that he needed a minimum order of 25 tubs to commission a special order, but I can't be sure.

Also, would anyone be interested in having Charles create a Shave Den Limited Edition Soap? Perhaps a lemon scent for the warmer months??? Just a thought from a lunatic mind :signs002

14. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

If it were a Shave Den LE im sure Joanna would do it since she makes the soaps in The SHave Den

15. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Guys, just because we market JoAnna's soaps doesn't mean we can't do a group buy with a competitor. Running the items through our store would be very simple as well. So, if we were to request a group buy, which one would it be, and would you guys "prebuy" the product?

16. Queen of Blades

Perhaps this discussion needs a new thread. :)

17. Padron

Padron Active Member

Not to go off track of the group buy, but JoAnna's Victorian Rose...at least the version that I currently have Is AWESOME... one of the best Rose scents I have..I also have the QED Wild Rose and they are both very nice and about equally strong in scent to my nose, however very different and certainly are must haves for a Rose fan..

I know there were some excess tubs of the QED Wild Rose after the group buy took place...or perhaps Charles had a bit of that Fragrance Oil left over and made up some extras...

I was thinking he may have had some more on hand, but, with the strong demand it sounds like they have all been purchased...

I'd try JoAnna's Victorian Rose from the TSD Store in the meantime as that may give you the exact rose fix you need :D

Why he doesn't add this as a regular offering is something I don't understand.....It's very nice and is certainly sought after.........

Too bad we don't know the source of the FO.....:(

18. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I wouldn't listen to Neale on the topics of Roses. Rumour has it he HATES Rose. ;):rofl:rofl:rofl

19. Padron

Padron Active Member

hehehehe :happy102 I wonder why they aren't grown here like they are in say...Bulgaria? Labor / cost must be too expensive here :(

20. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I know I would get another tub or 2 of the wild rose. I just dont know how long the scent would last.....2 more tubs would ensure me a lifetime supply :rofl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.