Was I really out of line here...?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Jun 19, 2015.

1. bnccna2

bnccna2 Well-Known Member

Wow, I guess it takes all kinds. Hope I never have the pleasure of doing business with him.

Douglas Carey and Darkbulb like this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

your good, he should have been happy to get a bid. period. if he thought it was low,a no thank you would have sufficed. now you'd prolly never buy from him regardless of price.
    but outside looking in,I don't think you were it of line.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Wow, what a response. I am just reading this late, so all the right responses have been made. The guys here collectively have much wisdom.
    Be calm, and shave on.

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Probably what made him mad was your offer was right on target and he was looking to get someone to over bid for what he was selling. You caught him, made a fair bid and it pissed him off. Definitely a seller to stay away from or if you give me his name I'll follow him on eaby and low bid on everyone of his auctions just for fun :) I agree with the other gentlemen here that your response was the proper one, although not being a gentleman myself, I would have answered him with just two letters and one finger. :happy088:

5. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

I would like to know the who the seller is so that myself and others who feel the same way will never have to do business with the likes of this imbecile.

Leo K. and Darkbulb like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Nah, maybe he just had a bad day. Since I believe this is his business I'd prefer it if people just base their opinions about someone based on first-hand experiences. :)

Well, good to hear that my email didn't, to most of you, come across as dodgy or offensive.

Slow Joe likes this.
  7. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Admittedly, my first instinct was to find out who you were referring to and jack with him. That impulse quickly passed. I can remember biting people's heads off in the past because I was cranky. Life's too short for that kind of BS. Let the dude wallow in his own self, he's not worth the effort.

8. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I don't think you were out of line. I'd say you actually provided more information than he deserved. I've had similar things happen on Ebay. There's no accounting for how someone will perceive what you tell them.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

...Especially if what you tell them is in conflict with the out-of-line asking price.

10. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Geez, not the type of seller I would want to buy from.

11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

You weren't out of line. That guy was looking for a sucker and didn't find one with you. He's a tough guy on the Internet, but he would never talk to you or anyone else like that face to face.

Slow Joe and Douglas Carey like this.
  12. Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin Member

You weren't out of line and can always turn him down when he comes back with a second chance offer .

Glenn

13. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

All he had to do was decline your offer respectfully. Your apology was more than generous.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    Rufus T. likes this.
  14. Mr. Shaverman

I think I found the auction in question. If so, I think I can see why he's asking what he's asking, but I don't think he's going to get it and I still don't think your offer was out of line. I think he'd get closer to what he wanted if he didn't have all of those razors in one big auction. I think if he broke it up into 7-10 other auctions, or even did them all individually, he'd get pretty close to what he's asking. But if he's going to sell them all at once, in what amounts to be basically being a 'junk lot' of razors, he really needs to come down in price.

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

So…did you make him an offer? :D:D:D

16. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

You win some you lose some! Take it with a grain of salt, and move on. I make offers much lower than the price, especially if the item is up for the second or third time, with no interest, and occasionally will get a irate response. But when it works, it more than makes up for it. :eatdrink047:

17. Mr. Shaverman

I was really tempted to. I just don't want to have to pay for it when he accepts! :)

Slow Joe, bnccna2 and Douglas Carey like this.
  18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Haven't had this type of experience on eBay. I think you made a fair offer. He must of been having a bad week, or month, or year.;)

19. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    If you don't want to post a link that is very polite and the mark of a gentleman

But if you want a true opinion on the value then I personally need pics..

You can Copy and Save them to your computer first then post here to wash them of links but I would love to see the razors myself

Now as to your offer and his response it doesn't really matter, you are in the right, He asked for offers, you presented one, period end of story his response was RUDE !!!! No was a perfectly acceptable answer...

20. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Yeah that. Why don't we all go in and each one offer a consecutively lower bid. That'll make darks bid seem like gold.

178-bplatoon and bnccna2 like this.