Was I really out of line here...?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

No don't do that - he might just have had a bad day and my offer WAS low compared to his starting price. I was just surprised at the tone in the reply and was honestly curious to see hear honest opinions on if my message was offensive. No need to beat this horse anymore :)

macaronus, Slow Joe and bnccna2 like this.
  2. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Nah. Your offer is only low if someone else offers a lot more. A product is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

A mint Superman comic book is only worth xxxxthousands if you have a buyer, otherwise it is just toilet paper.
    just saying.

PLANofMAN, Bristle Me and txskimo like this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Let it go...

Darkbulb and GDCarrington like this.
  4. 1passjoe

1passjoe New Member

The gu ph sounds like a real jerk. I would never do business with someone like that.

5. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

I don't think you were out of line in the slightest.

Hey, if he didn't want offers that ranged from $0.01 to $1,XXX.00 then
    he should have cleared up his statement.

Holy cheez whiz man, if you leave the door wide open,
    shouldn't you expect just about anything to waltz right in?

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I think the following should apply to the seller ...

Bristle Me likes this.
  7. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

CD, Hi Dan Reynolds sorry for just butting in things have changed a lot since I was last here, thought you would be the best to answer a friend just got a59retail total newbie could you recommend a blade,, I have several

8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I think I found your ill mannered boy, but as you chose not to post his name I'll do the same out of respect for you not for him. I also looked over his razors again and IMO there isn't $399.99 worth of razors there, even if he wasn't selling them the LAZY man way!! I don't much care how many other people he's ripped off or what he thinks he knows. You made a reasonable offer and he gave you an unacceptable, unprofessional reply. I also think @FatherofSquirrel has a VERY good idea. Maybe we should start doing that for all of his auctions? :happy088:

9. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Those razors are not worth even close to $399.

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I found it too... he can want $400.00. But in lieu of Father's Day, my wise old dad said "You can want in one hand and *explicative* in the other and see which one fills up first." I hope he comes on here and sees this thread and realizes how much of a tool he was.

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I might be in the minority, but while your initial email and subsequent response were very polite, you made him an offer almost 75% below his asking price. I do think it was a low-ball offer, regardless of your justification (and I am not saying that you were incorrect in your assessment); and he responded rudely. Most ebayers do not consider their auctions to be "wholesale" items, rather retail.
    Just to clarify, please do not think that I--in any way, condone his response. I do not. JMO.

macaronus, Omaney and Bristle Me like this.
  12. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I never understood why people got offended at "low ball" offers they can always ignore them and go on about their day. Should the consumer be offended at over priced items or should we just choose not to buy certain things?

Slow Joe and Bristle Me like this.
  13. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

:rofl:
    LOL!!
    But I think we will all hide our cookies anyway.

GDCarrington likes this.
  14. Dzia Dzia

Maybe we should all overwhelm with "lowball" offers. That might get his meatball head banging against the wall.

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  15. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Down with the tyrant!

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Whether or not he was "offended" at the offer, I agree that he should have taken the higher road and simply ignored it.

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I agree but I've mainly stayed out of this because I've acted way worse over the internet lol. Hopefully it was just one of the moments for him he'll look back on think of how silly it was.

trey06dmd, Radiotube and GDCarrington like this.
  18. Dzia Dzia

:chores016::happy102::happy108:

19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The best medicine for the seller is to be left alone. Lack of sales will be the most effective attitude adjuster.

Slow Joe, Radiotube and macaronus like this.
  20. Dzia Dzia

He will still be right in his own eyes.