SoS: July 6, 2015 - July 12, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 5, 2015.

1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Well I have been in a Lazy Man's No-Shave mode.

noshaveday.png

About a week ago I spent the better part of the day in the "ER". My having become a Type II Diabetic ( from not taking care of my self, also because my Mother was a Type I Diabetic, from age 5, and I abused myself. And I can't blame anyone else) anyway my Blood sugars dipped to 64, (Hypoglycemic conditions) Hypoglycemia Symptoms and How to Treat Hypoglycemia | Hormone Health Network and I have felt like @#$%*&%$#@ the past couple of days and my hands are going numb I have not shaved.

I received a beautiful, new "Oscar 11" brush, and a beautiful Straight Razor from "Oscar 11" as a Gift. I can't wait to use and abuse these two beautiful pieces of Shaving Equipment. When I find my digital Camera, I will post a couple of pictures of the Brush and the Straight Razor.

2. 782sirbrian

782sirbrian Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words Herm, this razor's got a few similar brothers in my collection :happy088:

3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I thought it would be good for me because I have coarse facial hair. But nope

4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I hope you feel better soon. I know that you might not wanna hear this but you should watch Fat, sick and nearly dead if you have Netflix. It's a documentary. It's very I retesting and might convince you to do a juice fast. It has actually cured some peoples diabetes.

5. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

SOTD July 8, 2015

Prep: Hot facecloth followed by homemade frankincense pre-shave oil
    Soap: TOBS Natural
    Razor: Gillette Adjustable "Slim"
    Blade: Astra
    Brush: Omega Boar Bristle
    Aftershave: Hot facecloth followed by Lavender Witch Hazel
    Aftershave balm: Shea butter
    Mustache Wax: Badger

This was my first time with TOBS and I was absolutely amazed at how this soap lathered and lubricated. Wonderful product....definitely a keeper. Best part was there was absolutely no scent! This was a near perfect shave. 10/10 :chores016:
    Taylor of old bond street.jpg

6. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Hope you are well on the road to recovery...

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

image.jpg

July 8 SOTD:

Homemade PS Oil
    WD High Mountain Badger 30 mm
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint
    Phoenix Dbl OC
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Tabac AS

A great shave this morning, you might even say shaving bliss. BBS and no irritation. Everything just went right. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    July 8, 2015
    Prep: Hot Shower. Axe Shield Face Wash
    Razor: Gillette Fatboy
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword
    Brush: Fine Angel Hair
    Lather: Pré de Provence No 63
    Aftershave: Fine Clean Vetiver
    Solid shave.
    A better tomorrow. Takes your best today!
    image.jpg

11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

SUPER SPEED WEEK
    hot water wash with nivea men's and a washcloth
    Parker pure badger
    BOMBED soap commander passion
    Gillette super speed(d2)83'
    feather(3)
    soap commander passion balm
    today's shave was very good. the Parker is always a performer, and it made great lather from the bombed/ bloomed passion. this black handled super speed is the youngest in my collection. it feels lighter, seems cheaper made. although, it performed great. three passes left me very closeto bbs. it was more audible than it's predecessors. I finished with passion balm.
    hope y'all did as well, or better. 20150708_073314.jpg

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Frozen Tundra soap lathered so nicely for me and gave me its terrific icy menthol sensation. The Rubby Dubby Doo felt like heaven afterwards. The new Derby blade cleaned me up so easily and left me completely BBS.

13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Decent Lime Shave
    Today's shave was just ok, nothing wrong or especially right. I have a little burn, but not much. I went with two passes again to avoid irritation, not entirely successful. The soap provided great lather through the HIS, but I clearly need to dial it down with the FatBoy for a while. It's hard to tell if the pre shave oil made much difference. Cologne Russe stung a bit more than usual.
    Prep: Van Yulay pre shave oil
    Soap: Maggard's Limes and Bergamot
    Brush: HIS XL
    Razor: '59 FatBoy
    Blade: Voskhod (1)
    AS: B&M Cologne Russe
    [​IMG]

14. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Thanks Rufus! That is my view from my new porch here in Hondo, TX

Wednesday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Island Man
    Soap: BdF Mistero
    Razor: Gillette Fatboy
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
    Brush: oscar11 TGN 2-Band Finest-24mmx50m
    Aftershave: Country Club Sweet Water

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

BdF Mistero today. 20 seconds to load the oscar11 Badger. Great, easy, thick, lather. Gillette Platinum still in the Fatboy. Great smooth, close, shave. I finished with CC Sweet Water.

Bob

[​IMG]

15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    SOTD: Wednesday, July 8
    Dusy Kabinett
    Semogue SOC (18/30)
    Feather AS-D2
    Personna Med Prep (4)
    Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
    St. Charles Bulgarian Rose
    [​IMG]
    Have a great day!

16. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

7/08/15 - #woolfatwednesday !!!

A great shave today with the ATT!!! I was just going to do a 1 pass to knock the stubble down, account the irritation I got yesterday. But ended up doing a complete shave with no irritation and BBS.

Really concentrated on technique and no pressure. It paid off.
    The blade that came with the razor really worked great.

Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Semogue 1305
    ATT Atlas M2
    Astra SP Blade (1)
    Clubman Pinaud Vanilla

I'm going to post a thread of my experience with the ATT System either today or tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I love using an Uber-Lather. A nice soap, a nice cream, and some glycerin whipped up in the bowl makes a superior lather. However, since I am on a 30-day rule for face lathering, it appears at first glance that I will not be able to make an Uber-lather. This restriction is easily overcome with the following technique:

Apply glycerin to the face as if it were a pre-shave oil (glycerin by itself is a pretty good pre-shave oil)
    dab small amounts of cream on the face
    load the brush
    apply to the face and build the lather

It works beautifully. I am unsure if this will work if you use another pre-shave and then apply glycerin over it. Also, this requires a lot more water than just face lathering.

30 day rule
    MDC Unscented Face Lathered w/ TOBS Almond & Glycerin
    Ladas blade
    Slim Adjustable set to 7

Great shave today. 3 passes and BBS

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

07/08/2015
    Razor – Mongoose B2 with Jürgen Hempel Ti
    Blade – Feather Pro (1)
    Brush – Rudy Vey with TGN Finest
    Lather – Lo Haiku
    Post - Witch Hazel and Fine Platinum

[​IMG]

After the last several shaves with the Feather Super blades, I decided to change out the blade to the regular Feather Pro and work on my technique. I will stay with this blade for a 7 shaves or so before going back to the Super. Wonderful 3 pass, BBS shave this morning. The soap was easy to lather and I have found it to be very slick once the water ratio is dialed in. Finished off with a splash of Fine Platinum.

19. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

WEDNESDAY
    I had a very nice three-pass shave his morning with this big Red Imp, which was stropped on a vintage Certifiyd 'C.C.C.P.' strop, USA-made of Russian-style leather.
    The croap continues to impress with both the glide and top overall performance. It seems to work well with pretty much any brush type I have–although I do have a preference for a good boar knot.
    Have a great Hump Day, all!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]