Catie's Bubbles

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ps1160, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Sal

Sal Member

I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet but I hear great things

2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I think its to sound more sophisticated and fancy. I think their products sell themselves scent and performance wise. I know I personally don't care for the long names because its harder to pronounce and spell

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I love Le Piment de la Vie. Unique fragrance; terrific slickness and protection. The aftershave splash is a lovely compliment to the soap. I say give it a try. :happy088:

natal000 likes this.
  4. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

It still makes me laugh that they make a soap that smells exactly like a freshly opened box of Fruit Loops and gave it a French name. Good stuff!

ps1160 likes this.
  5. natal000

natal000 Active Member

My favorite scent and oone of my favorite soaps. Not as good as dr harris or martin de candre but very nice quality at half the price.

6. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

I just ordered Fout L'Orange and Ocean Grove, as these are my first Catie's Bubbles soaps i'm really looking forward to giving them a try!

theFAT98 likes this.
  7. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a coffee scented soap, and I'm wondering if anyone can describe CB Bailey's Irish coffee? I'm looking for more of a straight coffee smell, rather than a hazelnut/cappacino etc type of blended scent.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

To me the scent is Irish Cream mixed with coffee. It leans more towards the cream side.

Porter likes this.
  9. grump

grump Well-Known Member

Placed an order last night for Fouet L'Orange & Le Piment de la Vie.

10. natal000

natal000 Active Member

Both superb soaps in every way

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am very easily taken back by new soaps. I try almost every one that comes out unless I read bad reviews on them. The caties line is one of the most impressive soaps I have tried to date & I would guess I have tried well over 100. The Piment de le vie is one of the best IMO. I also like Le Terre verte, a lot as well as Jar Din De Or. The only Caties that I do not like is the Glace herb. Anyone who has not tried Caties is missing a real joyful experience

Rufus T., natal000 and ps1160 like this.
  12. Oasisdave

I just ordered one of their new scents Midnight Dreary and also Quatre Cent Vingt, been wanting the latter for a very long time and the Midnight Dreary sounds like it could be a very nice scent.

13. natal000

natal000 Active Member

I am a huge fan of Catie's Bubbles and the Cullins. I currently have several of their soaps (6 or 7 don't remember) and I agree that they are probably the best of the artisan soap makers out there but watch out for Shaver Heaven & Wholly Kaw, they are going to be serious contenders to be the best IMO. The lather and slickness as well as cushion is top tier IMO.

Rufus T. likes this.
  14. natal000

natal000 Active Member

I agree LPV is their best and my favorite scent along with The Beach from P.A.A. I also have well over 100 different soaps.

Rufus T. likes this.
  15. Oasisdave

Of the CB soaps I have I would rate them as follows:
    1) LPV
    2) QVC
    3) Waterlyptus
    4) Ocean Grove
    5) Midnight Dreary
    6) Saturday Morning
    7) Fouet L'Orange

I would love if they came out with a nice Tobacco scented soap as they really don't seem to have one.

Rufus T. likes this.
  16. natal000

natal000 Active Member

I agree about Tiki but I cannot agree on Mike's Natural IMO a very overrated soap. I would like to try Strop Shoppe though.

17. natal000

natal000 Active Member

They are starting to simplify some of the names.

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  18. molon_labe

molon_labe Member

A while ago I got a little frustrated with scented soaps because most end up burning or tingling, and I was tired of having to try samples before buying a full size container. This led me to start playing around with unscented soaps so I could focus on the performance and not so much the scent. Right now the 3 unscented soaps I've decided are worthy of sticking around are Stirling Naked & Smooth (also a tin of their unscented beeswax formula), Mike's Natural Unscented, and Soap Commander Integrity. Catie's Le Nude is a soap I've been eye-balling for some time now but haven't pulled the trigger on.

Protection is extremely important for me as my lower neck is easily irritated. Do any of you have any experience with any of the above named brands that you can compare directly to the protective qualities of Catie's?

19. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

If you have questions about top quality unscented soaps...I would direct them towards the "king of unscented" @MoAllen. He has tried a ton of them and can offer some good advice.

MoAllen likes this.
  20. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I share your experience of irritation from fragrances in soap. Since I switched to fragrance-free soaps exclusively, my face looks and feels much better.

I used Catie's Bubbles Le Nude this morning. It is an excellent soap and I am sure you would like it. One characteristic i like is that it very neutral in scent, essentially no scent at all, especially compared to unscented tallow soaps with their characteristic "soapy" smell.

Another excellent soap similar to Catie's Bubbles is Maggard's unscented. They appear to have the same ingredients, stearic acid, coconut oil, water, lye, and glycerin, but the proportions must be different because they lather differently. Catie's Bubbles forms light fluffy bubbles quickly and thickens up as I face lather. Maggard's doesn't bubble as easily and makes a thick lather more easily. Both are excellent, just a little different from each other.

Good luck!