What was your first brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by swarden43, Jul 14, 2015.

1. TCBENNETT55

TCBENNETT55 Active Member

Like most it was VDH badger. Good handle was the only good thing about the brush.

2. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Mine was an Escali that I used for a few months, and It made beautiful bowl lather but felt like one of those harsh facial sponges and was floppy as all hell. I then got the Stirling boar brush with my first shipment from Stirling and that was FANTASTIC. Then after that is history.

3. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

Yup. Ditto.

4. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Another one with the VDH set that included the boar brush. Use it every other shave. I have since bought an Omega Synthetic, but think I prefer the VDH boar. I got lucky because my VDH is not a shedder at all. It has been a great starter kit to get me going and keep me going with DE wet shaving.

5. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

My first brush back in the 1983 was a pure bristle white brush,was my father's
    Can't remember the brand,wooden handle with an aluminium ring,many cracks in the colour.
    My personal first brush was a Muhle (HJM) pure bristle with a marble handle,i still have the handle but not the knot.
    To be honest was my second attempt to remove a knot from a handle,i didn't knew anything about shaving forums and i had no experience with internet informations about traditional shaving.
    Those days i didn't had even a PC.

:rofl:

6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Mine was a VDH boar brush and I still use it from time to time. I was lucky. It's not a shedder.

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire