SoS: July 27, 2015 - Aug 2, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 26, 2015.

1. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Dorko 858 8/8
    Oscar11 H.I.S. brush
    Martin de Candre soap
    Nivea mild AS

DSCF5049.jpg

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

August 1

Gillette Fat Boy G3 (9)
    Feather blade (2)
    Edwin Jagger XL Synthetic
    Trumper's Coconut cream
    Two passes
    Alum, Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Trumper's Coral Skin Food

I had an enjoyable and almost effortless shave today with the FB. I have used it for the past month, and here's what I learned. I plan to use my G3 Slim beginning on Monday for my August focus. Have a fun Saturday!

SOTD_080115.jpg

3. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

1 August 2015

* Ikon Shavecraft Short-Comb + Tuckaway
    * Super Iridium
    * WSP Stubby 2-Band + Doug Korn All-Amber Taca
    * Mystic Water Marrakesh
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

4. wristwatchb

Troy, congratulations on your new home! I'm glad you have the space you need for you and your family. You got your den started on the right track by choosing the Weber PH! Cool photos of you and your son! He looks a little cooler than you after the hike. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  5. Brian_Powers

Brian_Powers Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438446469.679741.jpg

SOTD

Maggard's Limes & Bergamont
    Shavemac Americana prototype
    Some random Parker that one of my Marines sent me
    Shark super stainless (1)
    Thayer's Rose
    Maggard's London Barbershop AS

I got my buddy started in wet shaving a couple of years ago so he sent me this razor as a "thank you" gift and I finally used it. I don't have the heart to tell him that I hated it because it has waaaaay too much blade exposure for me.

6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

SATURDAY
    Tardy posting, but a brilliant shave!
    First go with my new Stirling synthetic. Big brush but extra soft on the face. If you enjoy a large brush with soft face-feel, this one certainly qualifies. Considerably softer than my old Omega synthetic, yet equally efficient a lather-generator as my newer 3-band synthetic, the Stirling brush had no problem with the temperamental MWF. A well-loaded brush contained enough good lather for 3+ passes. Overall, I'm very pleased both with the comfort of this handle and the fell of this knot. For less than $20, an exceptional brush value! :happy088:

[​IMG]

7. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Shave of the evening

Pre- Hot shower, Anna and Claras bath soap Sandalwood
    Soap/cream- Mitchell’s wool fat
    Brush- Turkish No6 boar
    Razor- WEBER polished head stainless steel
    Blade- Gillette silver blue (3)
    Post- Cold water rinse, 2 drops of Pinaud Classic vanilla aftershave lotion with Homemade unscented mentholated aftershave lotion and Nivea sensitive cooling aftershave balm

Small amount of scented aftershave because it's an evening shave. This is a new thing I'm doing. I want the scent but I want it to be weak.

Third shave on the GSB blade, I could feel that the blade lost its edge hehe pun intended. I got an Okey shave even though it was the third shave. I usually use a blade for 2 shaves and then bin it, this blade can do a third Okey shave, but I'm gonna keep doing 2 shaves, it's the best for me.

My Turkish no6 is starting to feel softer and it whipped up MWF perfectly =)

I LOVE my Weber razor. I'm so happy I bought it!

8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

You don't have to tell him =) shave with it now and then, you can say it's in your rotation =P

That kit looks great though!

9. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

8/1/2015 Head SOTD

I tried a DEvette for the first time today. As far as I know, I'm also the first to try it on my head. It felt pretty rough. No blood or irritation at the end, but it just wasn't comfortable. I had a lot of blade chatter and tugging. I had to try one though.
    [​IMG]

10. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

20150801_102021 (2) (1024x768).jpg
    Saturday Morning....
    Coates Lavender cream
    M&F 3/1 Tortoise and Finest brush
    birth year & quarter Gillette Red Tip razor
    NOS Personna 74 blade (18)
    Castle Forbes Lavender balm

11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

They just don't make them like they use to!

RaZorBurn123, Troy M, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Merkur 34 C
    Blade: Merkur Super (6)
    Brush: WDC-4, Silvertip Badger, Butterscotch. (VIG) 24/67
    Cream: C.O. Bigelow 1838
    Bowl: Sarah Welch Pottery
    A/S: Old Spice Classic

Outstanding shave this evening with the above mentioned products. I'm new to creams so I'll work with this one for a week. 3 passes. The bowl by Sarah Welch Pottery, although big, it is a great bowl. I think it was @Drygulch who had one of her bowls, and I decided to place a special order. Very happy I did.
    8 1 15a.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Plan for 2 August 2015

[​IMG]

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/SuperMax Blue day 5
    Stirling Frozen Tundra SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Brut Cologne

This will be my last use of this SuperMax Blue blade because it just hasn't got the staying power or the longevity like the Derbys. It's not a bad blade, but my preference are the Derbys, Rapiras, and Personnas. The Frozen Tundra soap has such a great scent, awesome lather, and an intense menthol effect which comes surprisingly close to the Glacials. The Penguin's freezing power is also most welcome during such hot, humid weather which we've been getting. Every so often I enjoy a shpritz or two of Brut - it's very nice and old-school! ;) :D

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

You are a wizard at setting up your pictures. Congratulations

16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Thanks!

17. wristwatchb

I agree regarding the Weber PH. It is a great razor! :)

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150802.JPG
    Sunday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

TOBS Grapefruit Shaving Cream
    Bethleham Olivewood ST
    Gillette President
    Personna SS
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Lemon WH
    Florida Water

The TOBS Grapefruit Shaving Cream face-lathered well with my Bethleham Olivewood Silvertip brush. Two passes with my Gillette President razor and a Personna SS blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Lemon WH and then Florida Water after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  19. wristwatchb

August 2 Plans

Gillette Fat Boy G3 (9)
    Feather blade (3)
    Edwin Jagger XL Synthetic
    Trumper's Coconut cream
    Two passes
    Alum, Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Trumper's Coral Skin Food

This shave will conclude my month-long and very enjoyable run using my birth quarter Gillette Fat Boy. This was my first experience using a vintage razor, and the FB is truly a three-in-one (mild, medium, and aggressive) razor for me. I plan to use my G3 Slim beginning on Monday for my August focus. I expect it to shave much like the FB, but I think it will be more maneuverable due to its smaller size. The fun thing is that I will take the next month to see for myself.

Have a blessed Sunday!

SOTD_080215.jpg

20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

August Focus - Slim and Feather AC
    August 1
    Razor - Gillette Slim J1 (1964) (3,4)
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Brush - BoS (Omega 10066)
    Soap - Tabac
    Post - Cold Water, Alum, The Veg

Starting off a two razor focus this month. The Slim and the Feather SS AC are featured. As I mentioned earlier it's the Slim on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and the Feather Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday. So, we start with the Slim.

This is the 1964 Slim I found on Ebay. I loaded a fresh Voskhod for this week and set it at 3 for the first pass. Since I've never tried an adjustable this is all new and I just picked a sort of in between setting to start. Lathered up with the BoS and Tabac and loved it. Great lather and the Tabac scent is great. SWMBO mentioned last night when I was taking a picture with it that she really loves that smell. So maybe I need to acquire some more Tabac products.

Due to the early nature of Saturdays for me and the need to make a meeting on time I decided ahead of time to do two passes. First pass was very very smooth with the Slim and Voskhod on 3. Wow. Nice. Relathered for the second pass and went to 4 on the razor. What a great feel and finish! Still super smooth, no irritation that I could tell and I finished with a very fine DFS. A bit of touchup and I would have had a BBS. Alum proved to be very quiet (a change from using the Feather) and I splashed on the Veg and off to work I went to start a new month. Very nice shave. I'm looking forward to Monday and taking the razor up a notch or two. Welcome to August ladies and gents!
    [​IMG]