Semogue SOC Boar Review

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Primotenore, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

I load all my Boar brushes after i have soak them in hot water (much more time than my Silvertips)
    I usually use them with soaps and face lather (bowl lather is when i have plenty of time plus i test a product and i will make photos)
    Clockwise and vice versa for 1 minute adding some drops of water i needed.
    I have tested the "Marco's method" with these Semogues plus other tricks as "soak less" "soak in cool water only" "load more product" etc but nothing worked as i want.

I have tested about 122 knots but haven't managed to make these Semogues to work as other Boars.
    They are bloomed enough but still "No Party".

:confused:

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    The only thing I might add would be to give the brush a good shake before loading and before you go to the face, use your fingers to scrape off all of the soapy goo that's still on the puck. That's GOLD. Apply it to your face-- it'll seem dry.
    Then start your face lather. Work maybe the lather a bit longer than you have been before beginning to add water. Good Luck!

Doryferon likes this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Hmm. Well, first off, there is no benefit to soaking a badger brush. A dunk and swish in hot water will achive the same result as soaking it for a minute or two. They don't absorb water into the bristles like a boar; they trap water between the bristles.

Boars need to soak for at least five minutes for maximum performance, and I routinely soak mine for 7 to 10 minutes at a time (or however long it takes me to shower).

Maybe it's just a YMMV thing between you and Semogues.

jjfar and Doryferon like this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

very nice review!!:signs107:

5. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

It's too much for me to wait but i will try it
    Maybe this plus the trick of @Primotenore is the way to make my Semogue to work.