Downsized Den

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Greg F., Aug 5, 2015.

1. Greg F.

Greg F. Well-Known Member

My girlfriend and I are moving from a house here I had my own bathroom and den to a one bedroom apartment where we have to share a bathroom. Shaving supply versus make-up. This could get ugly.

2. bnccna2

bnccna2 Well-Known Member

Good luck!

3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Good luck, the key is stackable containers and "sample" bottles for the aftershaves

4. grump

grump Well-Known Member

It will be fine, you can do it!

5. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I volunteer to receive a PIF of the "left-overs".:happy093:

macaronus, Dzia Dzia, txskimo and 5 others like this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

It's time to face facts. You'll eventually like having a beard. You'll need a pair of scissors to keep it trimmed. Maybe you can keep them in your car or in your desk at work. :p

2.jpg

1.jpg

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Get there early and stake your claim. Take no prisoners.

Dzia Dzia, Drygulch, txskimo and 7 others like this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

All I can say; "it sucks to be you" :)

txskimo, hippiebrian and wristwatchb like this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Or it could be liberating. There is much to be said for a simple, easy, uncomplicated shave and a minimalist, orderly shave den. Dealing with a lot of clutter lying around is a pain in the neck IMHO. Living in a small one bedroom apartment, my shave den is one corner of my sink and half of one shelf in my medicine cabinet. It has never been a problem, and I still have been able to try many different soaps and blades. Shaving supplies vs. makeup? That one is easy: Just divide the available space up 50/50.

10. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Holy cow, what a freakin' mess! I have never lived with any chick who would tolerate that for a second. Most are super clean, at least the ones I have known.

11. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

i'm getting ready to be in the same situation lol. I have my own den here but I am also moving in with my GF soon. the good news is she understands my wet shaving obsession and she said the bathroom is my space. the bad news is that the bedroom is decorated in purple but that's a small price to pay for Den space :):happy088:

Shaver X, macaronus, txskimo and 2 others like this.
  12. InspiringK

InspiringK Well-Known Member

Sounds rough! Make sure you put up a cabinet if there isn't one there already, or at least some shelves.

I have dozens of soaps, brushes, aftershaves, razors, and types of razor blades, not to mention all the straight shaving gear and related accessories. That being said, I rarely have more than one razor in the washroom in a given month, rarely have more than 2 brushes in there at a time, and only ever have one soap on the go at a time.

If you can find some room for your aftershaves in the washroom, the bulk of your other goods could always be stored in an accessible spot in your bedroom.... or living room.... or kitchen.

macaronus, txskimo and hippiebrian like this.
  13. hippiebrian

hippiebrian Well-Known Member

You can use part of your closet space to store the stuff you aren't using at the moment and just have the minimum in the bathroom at any time. It may seem like a pain in the neck to have to go to the closet to pick out what you want to use, but hey, you get to keep your stuff and it looks like you are willing to compromise with the signifigant other, which makes for a happier life all around!

macaronus and txskimo like this.
  14. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I keep everything out of the bathroom. I have a few cigar boxes on my dresser in the bedroom that everything lives in. The brush I used that day is in a stand drying next to the boxes. I pick what I want to use then carry it in the bathroom, shave then carry it back out to dry on the dresser. Too many kids in the house for me to be comfortable leaving stuff out in the only full bathroom we have. The half bath downstairs is cramped and smells like the neighbor's cheap cigerettes so I would rather not use that space either. Apartments, don't you love them?

15. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

One of our bathrooms is very small and the only storage is a medicine chest. My wife uses a hair salon trolley cart which I affectionately refer to as her "crash cart". They're quite handy, hold a lot of stuff, and usually they're on wheels. Hers is kept in the next room behind a door and gets pulled out when needed and put away when finished.

cart.jpg

txskimo likes this.
  16. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

My wife and I share a bathroom. there are three drawers and a double wide cabinet under the sink, a small shelf cabinet on the wall, and a three basket storage thing. I get one drawer, and one shelf in the wall cabinet. All my stuff that isn't in the month's focus/rotation is put in a tub in another room. I also tend to get up at 4am to have time to myself, or shave after she has gone to bed. Good luck!

HolyRollah likes this.
  17. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I guess she knows of a close public facility. Is she planning on using the car mirror to do her makeup in the morning? She's going to have it rough. But, if she doesn't complain, I'd say that she's a keeper! :happy096:

InspiringK likes this.
  18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Same here. A small bathroom so we must both be efficient in our usage. 'No man's land' is the vanity sink. She has her side of the vanity, I have mine. We both strive to keep the counter uncluttered, but are not always successful. I have use of the four drawers on the left; she, four drawers on the right. I also have my own recessed wall cabinet on the opposing wall which hold the majority of soaps and aftershaves. 'Clutter-free' makes for happy wife, happy life....
    [​IMG]
    Built in-drawer holders where my razors are kept in the top drawer & off the counter...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Soaps and aftershave tucked away, out of sight. This is an old photo taken right after completion. Regrettably, I've outgrown it with far too many shaving times....
    [​IMG]

19. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

My wife and I also share a relatively small bathroom with a single sink. She gets the two drawers under the sink and the floor-to-ceiling cabinet next to the sink. I consider myself lucky because I staked out the 3-shelf cabinet over the toilet. It holds all my shaving "stuff". Just have to be careful not to drop anything.

Drygulch likes this.
  20. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

As many above said: keep a small part in the bathroom and the rest elsewhere. :)

Bee-oo-ti-ful cabinet!

HolyRollah likes this.