SoS: August 10, 2015 - August 16, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Blauer Max

Blauer Max Well-Known Member

Personally I like it very much. Is the fist product of Speick's line that I've tested. I don't know how the stick soap is.
    Produces a good, slick and protective lather. The scent for me is fresh, spicy and citrusy. Now I'm considering purchase the normal cream (blue and red) for comparing.

PS: Excuse my written English, I'm Spanish and I'm still learning your language.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

SATURDAY
    Overall, a very fine shave this morning. One little nick in the cheek drew some blood—gotta keep an eye on this Duck's near-spike tip!
    The Route 66 sample soap is a superb performing soap—slick, thick and paints on beautifully! :happy088:
    Have a great Saturday, all!

[​IMG]

3. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Sometimes it surprises me Dusty is still with us. I remember when he accidentally shot himself. To his credit he has slowed down some.:git:

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

:happy088: Thank you for the kind words.

5. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

15 August 2015

* Weber DLC + WRH3 Aluminum
    * Super Iridium
    * WSP Manchurian + K-Translucent
    * Mystic Water Vanilla Sandalwood
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

6. grump

grump Well-Known Member

Gillette Super Adjustable aka Black Beauty
    Gillette Super Platinum (Black)
    Doug Korn turned synthetic brush
    Arko
    Alt-Innsbruck after

7. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

15aug15
    I think I've found my groove with the Fatboy! Set of 3 and make sure the doors are fully closed.

Another nice no nick irritation free shave.

Today was the first use of the eucalyptus mint AS lotion. Nice mint scent in the jar but musty on the skin...(ymmv), reminds me of grandpa's basement full of books. Good lotion feel on the skin though but a tad oily.
    [​IMG]

8. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Lol yea I didn't know he shot himself. it sounds like he has had some bad luck. I was also surprised to see that they were still touring after all these years.

9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

no problem. your English seems pretty good to me. I haven't tried the cream but I know the shave stick is good stuff and I see that a lot of people like the cream as well. the scent is very unique- kind of lavender/spicy but in a good way.

10. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

It was about 30 yrs ago when his derringer fell out of his boot. :love029:

11. RayC1993

RayC1993 Well-Known Member

Thanks!!

12. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Shave of the day, Überlather edition

Pre- Hot shower, Anna and Claras bath soap Sandalwood
    Soap/cream- Klar Kabinett and Cyril R Salter Wild rose + Glycerine
    Brush- Semogue 1470 boar
    Razor- WEBER polished head stainless steel
    Blade- Gillette silver blue (3)
    Post- Cold water rinse, DR Harris Sandalwood lotion, Crabtree and Evelyn Sandalwood and Nivea sensitive cooling aftershave balm

Hmm! This mix wasn’t as nice as my Palmolive Überlather mix =) But I still got an okey shave. I can make it better next time. I should really only use a blade twice, I dont know why I did a third shave with the blade.

DR harris AS and Crabtree and Evelyn sandalwood is just amazing… amazing!

The WEBER has proven to be a great shaver, definitely a favorite!

[​IMG]

13. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Sum Extra 88
    Oscar11 H.I.S. brush
    Martin de Candre soap
    Booster June Clover AS

DSCF5362.jpg

14. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
    Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
    Blade - Sputnik Platinum Chrome (#3 and out)
    Brush - Omega 20106
    Soap - Arko soap & cream / Glycerine
    After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
    Result - BBS

Lovely comfortable shave tonight but I think three is enough for the Sputnik. I'll definitely keep them for the Techs though.
    Spent the last day reading through my SOTD's and for someone who's never kept a diary in his life, it has made for really interesting reading. I love shaving, who knew??

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

For Sunday morning - another bone-chillingly cold shave:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Personna day 7
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Old Spice Cologne

It's such a pleasure for me not to have to ration my Glacial treasures because I have plenty more on the way. The Lemon Chill soap has such a beautiful scent which is tangy, fresh, and invigorating both from the lemony notes and the potent menthol it contains. The lather whips up rich and slick right away with a freezing effect which gets progressively stronger as the shave goes on. This seems to be the only lemony-scented soap which does my skin proud - its post-shave feeling is so brilliant. The Glacial Wintergreen balm and witch hazel, as I've mentioned before are the two coldest aftershave products I ever used. My Personna blade is still performing very well, but this will be the last time for this one. ;) :D

16. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

2015-08-15_16.38.37.jpg

Razor: Schick Type B
    Blade: Vintage Schick (2)
    Brush: BF Greene
    Soap: Tabac
    AS: Barbasol Brisk

Does anyone know if the Barbasol Brisk is a Skin Bracer copy or not?

The Brisk was great! I have never tried Skin Bracer. If this is a knockoff I got to try Skin bracer.

17. Zombiefilmfan

Zombiefilmfan Active Member

Saturday 8/15/2015:
    [​IMG]

Right after this amazing shave, I went and bought Catie's Bubbles Waterlyptus, and LMR. I also went and bought 3 Ginger's Garden Aftershaves: Amerikesh, Enigma, and Octavia Noir.
    There are a lot of good aftershaves, but Ginger's Garden just works with my body chemistry. I catch whiffs most of the day!

Prep: lukewarm shower with a Nuskin facial cleanse. Olay mild exfoliating handheld to get rid of some loose skin flakes from prior irritation.
    Brush: Stirling big mofo brush
    Razor: PAA Double open comb
    Blade: Gillette silver blue (final shave 3rd)
    Soap: Stirling Coniferous, really puts you into the forest. great glide and cushion, medium scent strength.
    alum block: waiting on my thayers WH cucumber and Lemon (adding menthol) so i can add it to my routine or replace the alum.
    Aftershave: Gingers Garden Suede (such an amazing scent)
    Balm: a dab of Stirling Glacial Wintergreen, so not to mask the Suede.

18. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

image.jpg

August 15 SOTD:

Homemade PS Oil
    Stirling Synthetic Brush
    Arko Cool SC
    Phoenix Dbl OC
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Florida Water AS

19. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Wow! Good pic of the razor! That cap has a lot bigger grooves than the Shave King did on it.

20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thanks! I had heard about the streaks of lather left over after due to the cap, but was still surprised at how much was actually left when I first used it. I find it to be a smooth shaver, in fact, it is one of my favorite razors at the moment.