Group Buy: QED Wild Rose (Continued)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by TstebinsB, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Oh I c, no worries- I told you I was slow to catch on sometimes. Thanks

2. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Only sometimes? :rolleyes:

3. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

I'm all the times....
    :)

4. Hi All,
    Seeing this poor thread barely hanging on is just too sad. That minimum is looking pretty unattainable unless there's some outside help. The thread was started a few weeks ago, so I don't see a lot more orders in the near future.
    I followed the progress regarding ordering this soap over at SRP a while ago, and I'm still confused about why it never came about. I know there was good interest from members, but then things got convoluted and they ended up ordering something else. Maybe soulshine can comment on the scent of that 'Sandalwood/Vetiver soap when he gets time.
    I think there's already a built in audience over there for the wild rose soap, and that might be the place to offer the group buy. I'd think 30 tubs would be very doable, and everyone's happy. Oh.....except for the person who actually has to deal with shipping...etc. He (or she) may not be quite as happy as the rest.
    Anyway, I'm afraid this is just gonna languish here, and it's too nice a soap for that to happen. Of course, the Boss is always gonna have the final say on how things work here, but I can't really see this deal coming together without another group joining us. Hehe, I know that whoever puts it together (if it happens at all) is in for a lot of work. I wouldn't mind kicking in something for the trouble...maybe a slightly used (somewhat bent) pocket fisherman. Actually, I would toss another $1-2 in on my order for all the effort needed.
    Just a thought floating to the surface,
    Martin

5. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

+1

6. Las Medusas

Las Medusas New Member

Ditto

7. Will

Will Nevermind

Ahh, I'll go in for one. :D

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :happy097

9. Will

Will Nevermind

I thought you would find that funny.

10. Queen of Blades

Well......you know me. ;)

11. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Can i get dibs on it if you dont want it :p

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

I would probably be in for at least 1...maybe 2 :o

13. Will

Will Nevermind

And Thhhhhhennnnnnnnnn!

14. I'm good for one !

15. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Long story short gentleman, TSD is more than willing to include any other forum that would wish to participate in this group buy, but there is politeness to consider.

Now that i've got our storefront tweaked to handle group buys, it's really a great system to host them. The store can remember your user information, and offer the buyer multiple shipping options, and multiple payment options (international and domestic). Trying to keep up with all those options manually would be a real pain, and you'd never have instantaneous shipping quotes.

Since these group buys are being hosted by TSD, posting them at other forums is technically also advertising TSD on these forums. Our last group buy (coate's) was also included at SMF, (and they were nothing short of wonderful to me when I asked), I don't want to take advantage of their generosity.

While anyone, from any forum/place, is more than welcome to participate in this group buy, I don't want to become the annoying salesman knocking on every door in town.

16. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Agreed that it's a fine line to walk.

17. Sieges

Sieges New Member

I was wondering if
    a; The soap is EO or FO based, and
    b; the middleman would consider shipping to Norway :o

I think remember some other forum that tried getting Charles to make a batch of EO Wild Rose failed, becouse the price for Rose Oil was insane. It ended up costing $50 or something a tub. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Anyways, if the soap is EO, and you would ship to Norway, I'm in for 1 tub, atleast.

18. Queen of Blades

A. The soap is FO based
    B. Yes, shipping to Norway, or anywhere else, is doable.

btw, Welcome to The Shave Den, Sieges!

19. Sieges

Sieges New Member

Thank you Queen of Blades!

Count me in for 1 tub :cool:

20. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member