August 30 Day Rule/Focus Pic & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 31, 2015.

?

Did you participate in "No Buy July"?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2015.
  1. Yes, completed it!

32.6%
  2. Yes, but fell off the wagon. :-(

15.2%
  3. No

32.6%
  4. What is No Buy July?

6.5%
  5. I am just here for the cookies.

13.0%
  1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good question.

2. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Congrats on the 1000 posts!:hooray:

We're glad you're here!:wave:

3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you!

4. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Love it! Beautiful set!

Bama Samurai, clint64, Bill_F and 2 others like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Clint, I hope all is OK.

6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Hope everything is OK.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I still have a huge jar of Noxzema it's funny you ask, I put some on my grandsons ear yesterday because he was sunburned.
    I actually like using Noxzema as part of my shave, and I will still from time to time, I find I enjoy the menthol kick it has and the way it helped in post shave.
    So the reason I haven't been using Noxzema is my wife bought me approximately 10 tubes of Axe face wash at the dollar store so I thought it would be a good time to change things up, and use what she bought me.
    I'm starting to run out of the Axe products and soon will be back to using Noxzema.
    Kerry

8. Bill_F

Bill_F Well-Known Member

Thanks! I found out about Noxzema for a preshave prep from the "Mad Scientist of shaving" that Billyfergie linked to in the odd-beard-grain thread. Seems like a decent product and is working well for me so far. This is the "Mad Scientist's" video on preshave and post shave routines and products:

Basically, from everything I've read of his, he is saying that most of the products aren't any more effective than Noxzema or Corn Huskers, but he does like some of them. His blog page seems pretty good to me:
    http://www.vintagerazorcollection.squarespace.com/restorations-and-revelations/#.VclaZqPD8kP

But tastes differ. As is often said, YMMV!

9. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I like the mad scientist but sometimes wish I could watch it at double speed. He talks so slowly and takes so many pauses that I find myself thinking, just spit it out, man!

10. Bill_F

Bill_F Well-Known Member

Yeah, great information, but the videos are about twice as long as they could be. That's why I like his blog. Covers the same material, but it's not a transcript of the video.

11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Today was day three with the Red Tip during my Feather focus. What a combo. Another BBS shave with no irritation. I also really like a Feather blade on day three. I'm tempted to go longer and might next week just to see how long it performs like this.

SOTD
    Gillette Red Tip
    Feather (3)
    Trueftt and Hill #10 cream
    AOS AS Balm
    Florida Water
    WSP Beard Oil

Well, tomorrow is my third Feather Artists Club SS Saturday. Wish me luck

Have a nice rest of you Friday !
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440187679.471228.jpg

12. RaZorBurn123

Like everyone else I have more products then I know what to do with. I switch things up often, I use corn huskers when I get the urge, what I found was that as long as my face was wet and whiskers hydrated and a really good slick, cushion-y lather my shave will turn out stellar.

13. RaZorBurn123

He's lost a lot of weight, colored his hair, I think he's wearing contacts lenses now. But yeah, I can go get a drink of water and make a sandwich come back and we're still talking about menthol crystals.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thanks for the well wishes. I am much better this evening. I've been dealing with a back issue all summer and finally started to turn the corner yesterday. Then I did something to stupid and injured it late again yesterday. Going to just take it easy this weekend.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you. You should like the razor, it came from you. It's one of my favorites. Have Red & Black New Deluxe I need to send you at some point.

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats on 1,000 :eatdrink047: I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to the next 1k.

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great Pic. You sure picked a great soap to use the Mongoose. When well hydrated, Tiki has to be some of the slickest soap I have tried. I am going to join you in September with the Mongoose. But mine will be a shave comparison between the Mongoose and the Wolfman OC.

18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

So sorry to hear you're sore. Perhaps a little RR will help. Hope you're feeling better soon!

19. Boojum1

Ain't nothing worse than loosing sleep. Rest up today!

20. Boojum1

That brush is a lather monster. It keeps getting better, the more you use it. Omega 10098 :happy088::happy088: