First wet shave!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by bearkluttz, Aug 22, 2015.

1. bearkluttz

bearkluttz New Member

After much reading and debate i went with the Parker package deal offered on Amazon. I figured if nothing else it would be a good introductory package. I know that ill be getting a gift cert to The ARt of Shaving for my birthday this month and wanted to know if there's anything there that i just "can't miss" or should avoid. I know they're pricey so i'd like to not waste $$...

I have to say i loved my shaving experience! I'm looking forward to shaving tonight!

2. bearkluttz

bearkluttz New Member

Also went with the green Proraso tub of shave soap and found it very easy to lather. Is there any need to remove the soap from the package it comes in or can i just keep using it in the original container?

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you had a good wet shaving experience! As far as the Proraso goes you can leave it in the tub and lather the top of the soap. You could transfer it to another container if you want to (this goes for any soap). There is no such thing as "bad gear" the best gear is what works well for you, so if you go to Art of Shaving, pick up a scent you like. They are good quality products that (like you said) can be pricy but if you have a gift card then go for it. I guess Valobra and Art Of Shaving are made by the same company and both are known as great products. enjoy!

txskimo likes this.
  4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD! The AOS stuff is pricey, but I find the shave cream to be pretty good. You should be good to leave the Proraso in the tub.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome! You could spend your money on better products IMO. The Proraso is a fantastic soap! Leave it in the tub, which one did you get? Maybe a Proraso aftershave to go with the soap?
    Kerry

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

A warm welcome to you from North Texas. You might want to take a look at some of the references contained in my signature line below for discussions of the 30 Day systems and more on shaving hardware and software or CLICK HERE!

With that being said ...

Welcome to the Den.

We know you'll fit right in.

So grab yourself a comfy chair,

and give our threads a spin!

Burma Shave

Tdmsu likes this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Welcome to TSD!

8. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Hello and welcome to the Shave Den. :)

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  10. Medicdad417

Medicdad417 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the den. I haven't tried any AOS yet, let me know how you like it.

11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD "bearkluttz"

I hope you enjoy it here.
    Leaving the Proraso in its container is fine. If you do decide to switch it Ziploc containers are great for soap storage.
    AoS is certainly a pricey place, but since you have a gift certificate as a birthday gift:greet002: , why not buy something special you wouldn't ordinarily buy.

12. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Welcome to your new obsession! I highly recommend @GDCarrington 30 day rule. Get that technique down then the madness begins....

gmaugie007 likes this.
  13. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

You are off to a good start! Congrats!

14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den!

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD. I received some AOS cream as a gift and I have really enjoyed using it.

16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome. Your journey acquiring products will be hit and miss, but you'll eventually narrow all your products down to what really serves you best. The Proraso is a great start. I started there myself and still enjoy it. There are some very good soaps on the market that are worth trying and forum members agree and disagree on what their favorites are. IMO, a few Wet Shaving names to consider: Semogue, Mystic Water, Mühle, Mike's, Personna, and so many more, growing everyday. Read reviews. Have fun experimenting. Keep track of products that you like. Work on your shaving technique. Enjoy your time here in the Den.

17. Monbonlupin

Monbonlupin Active Member

Welcome to the Den !