SoS: August 17, 2015 - August 23, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Gillette E-3 Fat Boy Adjustable
    Voskhod #2
    Omega 10098 Barbershop Boar
    HTGAM Gondolier
    Witch Hazel ++Menthol, Unrefined Shea Butter
    HTGAM After Shave Gondolier

Xtra3.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    spacehobo, MoAllen, Jostalli and 17 others like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My friend, for your information I told him my wife uses the finest fragrance oils blended in western Egypt. Get your facts straight! ;)

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Ah, I must've read it left-to-right and missed an accent mark somewhere. My bad. :D

4. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Thank you! Got lucky. Picked up my Black Beauty cased from the same person on the bay

5. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

LOL! You must have the same translator as a certain Secretary of State:happy102:

6. Qix

Qix Well-Known Member

August 22

Pre-War Tech (Delta Echo)
    Astra SP
    Old Spice Shaving Soap
    Burma Shave brush
    Nivea post shave balm
    Shulton Old Spice

spacehobo, MoAllen, Jostalli and 16 others like this.
  7. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

That is a great mug!

clint64, RaZorBurn123, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  8. michaelAD

michaelAD Well-Known Member

Breaking out some classics there. No varlet tomorrow?

9. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

SOTD August 23, 2015

Prep: Rusty Blade blend pre-shave oil
    Razor/Blade: Gillette Canadian Heavy Tech / Astra SP
    Brush/Soap: Semogue Boar/Copper Hat Unscented
    Aftershave: Hot facecloth followed by Witch Hazel/Coconut oil
    Mustache Wax: Badger
    :chores016:Great shave this morning. Decided to go back to a combination I used earlier this week. The Copper Hat Unscented is such a nice soap.

Copper Hat tech.jpg

spacehobo, Spud, MoAllen and 18 others like this.
  10. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Sunday:

Prep: Hot shower, Neutrogena Invigorating Face Wash, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Beeline Boar
    Lather: Speick cream
    Razor: RazoRock Bamboozled RAKE OC
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, XTG (4, 5, 6)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma alum, Dickinson's witch hazel, RazoRock One-X AS splash
    Cologne: Le 3e Homme de Caron

I'll pretend that yesterday's No-Shave-Day was due to wanting to let the weeper on my throat heal, rather than due to laziness. Regardless, I changed up my Sunday routine as a result, and reached for the Speick. The only drawback here was that I couldn't use the efflorescence water (;)) to start a proto-lather. Plenty of lather for three passes, with some boar hair thrown in for good measure. No nicks, no weepers, no burn, just DFS+ results.

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Mission accomplished again - another terrific and VERY enjoyable shave. The Black Ice soap's menthol effect is much more tame than its"cousin" which is the Glacial Obsidian, but it's still very present. Its lather is a pleasure to work with and the post-shave feeling is brilliant. The Floid Classic aftershave felt really icy and nice!

spacehobo, MoAllen, Jostalli and 10 others like this.
  12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Thanks! I found it at an antique shop.

clint64, RaZorBurn123 and crackstar like this.
  13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Tabac Never Fails.
    Another optimal shave today. No drama BBS. No need for überlather as the HIS easily made rich thick lather to set up my stubble. The Fatboy did its job going 9-7-7 smoothly. I finished with CRSW Jd'O balm for the subtle scent and great skin care.
    [​IMG]

14. Medicdad417

Medicdad417 Well-Known Member

8/23

Hot shower with nutragena invigorating face wash
    Omega bore
    Arko stick
    Gillette slim (3)
    Decided to revisit a bad blad imo, Astra SS (new). I think I found a new fav, as me technique has greatly improved.
    Barbasol pacific rush splash
    Nutragena face cream.

I am so glad I decided to revisit what I thought was a bad blade for me, however with my technique improving I found absolutely NO irritation after the splash it my skin on a three pass shave.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  15. razorguy

razorguy Well-Known Member

Sunday 23 August 2015

[​IMG]

Mastro Livi CarboInox Kamisori, 7/8 and Mastro Livi Italian Brush

The more I use Mastro Livi CarboInox razors, the more I like them. I have three Mastro Livi CarboInox razors in my collection and they all are superb shavers. Not to mention this beautiful kamisori, adding the well known efficiency of a kamisori to the excellence of CarboInox. For this shave, I also wanted to use my newest Mastro Livi "Pennello Italiano" brush with its soft and high quality silvertip badger loft with very dense hair, which worked my shaving soap to perfection for a super luxurious, creamy, rich and very slicky lather. The kamisori easily glided on my skin while giving me a super smooth and deep shave. Men, what a stunning sunday shave!​
    • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
    • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
    • Brush: Mastro Livi "Italian Brush" Silvertip Badger, Multi-wood handle, 24 mm knot
    • Bowl: Gebry Bowl
    • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
    • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Kamisori, 7/8
    • Post-Shave: Alum Block
    • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
    • After Shave: Floïd Black

spacehobo, MoAllen, Jostalli and 15 others like this.
  16. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Sunday 23.08.2015 - Another day with the Fat

I've had a midday shave today. It is a very hot day, and I decided that a cooling shower , followed by a nice shave might to the trick.
    I've wanted to give the Fat another shot, but today I wanted to spice it up a bit, or rather cool it down. I have a sample of the famous M-Bomb that I have yet to try, and there is no time like the present, or so I am told.

I dropped to drops on the puck, loaded the brush for about 20 seconds and started lathering on the face. I could smell the bomb, and feel a slight coolness, but it was apparent that two drops was far from enough. I believe I've read that two drops is a standard amount, but it is an old sample and I do not know how much menthol degrades over time.

For the first time, I used a Personna Platinum Chrome blade. If I have understood it correctly, this is the same as a red personna from Israel. It was a good blade that was almost as sharp as the Astra, and just as smooth. If I should rate it, I would give it 15 out of 20. The Astra is rated slightly higher at 16.

I have to say that the Fat is way better than I remember, although I have never had a bad shave, it has never been outstanding either. These last two shave has been nearing that level, and I am beginning to understand why it has such a "cult-like following", to quote The Mantic

The aftershave from Aqua Velva gave me no sting to feedback and that is a good indicator that I had a trouble free shave. The exception to this is Ogallala. That one always stings, and what a wonderful sting it is.

Razor: Edwin Jagger de89
    Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome
    Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Brush
    Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

And Introducing: The M-Bomb

23.08.2105.JPG

spacehobo, Tdmsu, MoAllen and 17 others like this.
  17. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

30 day Focus - Day 22
    MDC Lavender Face Lathered w/ TOBS Rose
    Rapira Stainless Blade (Day 2 on blade, Day 4 on Rapira Swedish Stainless)
    Slim Adjustable set to 8
    3 passes

Yesterday's shave, combining MDC Lavender with TOBS Rose was so nice that I repeated it again this morning. Excellent 3 pass shave.

spacehobo, Tdmsu, MoAllen and 16 others like this.
  18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Sunday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Executive Man
    Soap: Stirling Island Man
    Razor: Gillette Fatboy
    Blade: Gillette 70’s “Spoiler” Super Stainless (6)
    Brush: Omega 10066 Boar-24mmx54mm
    Aftershave: Country Club Frozen Vetiver

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Island Man today. Easy, thick, lather with the Omega boar. Gillette “Spoiler” SS still in the Fatboy. Great smooth, close, shave. I finished with CC Frozen Vetiver.

Bob

[​IMG]

spacehobo, Tdmsu, Spud and 18 others like this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    August 23, 2015
    Prep: Hot Shower. Axe Energizing Face Wash Boost
    Razor: Mongoose B3 Dr. Bomber Handle
    Blade: Feather Professional
    Brush: Stirling Synthetic
    Lather: MdC
    Aftershave: Folsom & Co. Black Powder
    Fantastic!!! MdC has never ever failed to perform up to the highest standards. The Stirling Synthetic gets it done. The Goose is simply all business.

Never let the things you WANT
    Make you forget the things you HAVE
    image.jpg
    Today is my 3rd anniversary of wet shaving, It all started with my Edwin Jagger DE89dbl. It's also my 53rd birthday :( where has the time gone?...
    image.jpg

spacehobo, Tdmsu, Spud and 18 others like this.
  20. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot shower and wash with neutrogena men's invigorating face wash
    semouge 620
    Cella
    Merkur progress(4)
    voskhod(1)
    lustray draggon noir
    today's shave was optimum. long slow prep. New face wash. The neutrogena may be a bit more menthol than the nivea. the progress with a new voskhod, three passes. couldn't imagine a closer more comfy shave. finished with a new to me aftershave potion. gotta wear this one with your head held high, it's pretty loud.
    church today, y'all come with me.
    20150823_100334.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    spacehobo, Tdmsu, MoAllen and 18 others like this.