What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Hope you both have a Happy Anniversary.

Billyfergie and youngunn like this.
  2. Boojum1

I agree with you on the scents. I had some trouble finding it but finally did before the price went up. Both have nice bottles but Floid's a better deal. :happy088:

cmorris357 likes this.
  3. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

New "Miracle Blade" in "The Miraculous Safety Razor"....:cool:.
    [​IMG]
    Well folks after a bit of serious contemplation and farting about as usual, I finally came up with a master plan to come up with a "Miracle Blade" for "The Miraculous Safety Razor"..... The Miraculous Safety Razor will not hold an injector blade so I went for the Modified Gem Blade option....:p

I removed the spine from a Gem blade & also removed the spine from the original propriety blade ....The original propriety blade splintered into a thousand pieces like a piece of broken glass, but I didn't acquire any cuts....I am too long in the tooth to wear safety glasses and gloves and all that lark, but they would have came in handy here....The propriety blade is shorter in both width and length compared to the Gem blade....I carefully cut it down to size using a template after drawing around the propriety blade on a piece of paper.....I utilized the spine from the propriety blade on the modified Gem blade and "Bobs Your Uncle" we now have a "Miracle Blade" for "The Miraculous Safety Razor".....:angelic007:

If you ever come across a "The Miraculous Safety Razor" I wouldn't advise anybody to press the button unless it comes with at least one propriety blade as you will have problems getting it shave ready as you require the original spine ....The original spine plays an integral part in seating the blade as there are no blade stops in The Miraculous Safety Razor....The original spine is heavy duty and will be able to be used for years to come on a modified Gem blade....;)
    Looking forward to having a Test Drive with my New "Miracle Blade" in "The Miraculous Safety Razor".....:chores016:

Billy

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    Hodge, Bama Samurai, Boojum1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Been wanting a decent boar to replace my VDH kit brush so I'm looking for this to arrive soon....
    [​IMG]
    Just an update. Gary at Shoebox Shave has this in the process of shipping this to me already. On a Sunday? Great service!!:happy096:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I have some Personna Injector blades coming. I hope they get here in time for SEptember.

Jayaruh, Bama Samurai and clint64 like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The August RAD continues unabated. Found this on the bay cheap and lonely so it's on its way to a loving home. This is a sentimental buy as the first razor I ever bought was a Type M Schick. I was around 12 and just felt it was time. LOL Bought one of these and a pack of blades and my first shave was with that razor. My dad wasn't happy with me...it was a Schick, not a Gillette. Heresy from his son.

SchickM.JPG

7. Boojum1

iKon Short Comb

ShaveCraft.OpenComb.jpg

Jayaruh, Hodge, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Ok, I'm very much not an expert as far as Gillette comes...and I'm not even a huge fan of their Fatboys...but...the 'collector' in me couldn't resist picking this up for 70-something dollars w/ free shipping. It is supposedly NIB with all the original papers and well, it looks as good as one that you have re-plated. So hopefully I didn't do too badly.

[​IMG]

It even comes with that little paper strip/label, the instruction book, etc
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ObiDon, Jayaruh, Recklesstr and 2 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'd call that a SCORE!!!

Darkbulb likes this.
  10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Picked up this wood case with glass window.
    Intended for pen collections...but I got the specs of it and it should also work really well to hold my small straight razor collection that is currently scattered over a couple of shelves :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, Drygulch and NCoxSTL like this.
  12. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Waiting on two straights from a trade from a member in Germany.
    20150822_233336.jpg 20150822_233746.jpg 20150822_233942.jpg

Hodge, Jayaruh, Boojum1 and 4 others like this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Drygulch likes this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Drygulch likes this.
  15. Medicdad417

Medicdad417 Well-Known Member

Shave yeti American wood

16. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

A full size (4oz) bottle of Royall Vetiver. The wife picked up on me moaning about running out of my favorite Royall Sample sized aftershave.

Boojum1 and Drygulch like this.
  17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Waiting on this little Solid Set brush in original canister. Set me back $14 but it looks like it's actually in usable condition.
    [​IMG]

Hodge, Drygulch, Bama Samurai and 4 others like this.
  18. Boojum1

Drygulch likes this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Oh, man, I want those...

Billyfergie likes this.
  20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Checking the list of arrived items it looks like I still have three out there. So, the following are still on their way.

1. Schick Injector blades, pack of 7.

2. 110 Russian blade pack. It's actually sitting at the sort facility for St. Louis in Hazelwood this evening. Took a bit longer than usual to leave Moscow but it's close.

3. TSD Lanolin soap, Bay Rum variety. Purchased today with the consolation gift for the raffle. My first TSD product. Looking forward to it!

Edited - Actually a fourth item. Blades from tryablade.com including a variety pack of SE blades to use with my 1912 Gem and 1914 Lather Catcher along with some other DE's I haven't tried yet.

Boojum1, Jayaruh and Bama Samurai like this.