Any thoughts on this new Stirling soap stuff?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Razor Blade X, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Ha, that makes four of us then :D

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

very nice video! MITA has a great citrus lemon lime scent. I haven't tried the new version yet but I know Stirling makes good products that I would highly recommend.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I am on day 27 in a row of MITA, and have loved it every time I use it. My skin is feeling really nice.

IDuck likes this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

are they still tough to wash off your razors and other gear?

Norcalnewb likes this.
  5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I don't find them tough wash off the razors, but I do get film in the sink. Not really more than other soaps, I would say. A little scrubbing bubbles and good to go.

Stirling soaps are my best performing soaps over all. I haven't tried one I don't like yet.

Spyder likes this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am with you on the shave soaps. No real issues with the soaps as such but not a fan of most of the scents. Post shave fell was good but it felt very difficult to rinse clean. Highly subjective.

7. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

I've always found Stirling to have a lather that takes a (little) extra time to get to shave ready point, but then just doesn't quit when it gets there. Crazy slickness as well. I sadly can't comment on the post-shave because my face is sensitive to almond oil.
    In terms of subjective face-feel, it doesn't feel quite as luxurious as B&M or Mike's to me, but that's pretty subjective.

8. molon_labe

molon_labe Member

I lather Stirling the same way I lather Mike's, by treating it almost like its a mug soap. The new green jars really make this easy because of the extra room to load up. Bloom the soap, then start loading with a squeezed out brush, gradually adding a few drops of water to the top of the puck as you keep loading the brush. This gets the lather started into a super creamy and slick lather that transfers onto the face for some of the best lather you will find. If you spend a little more time loading and swirling on the puck, slowly adding water in the process, you don't spend as much time building the lather on your face or in the bowl. If it sounds complicated or difficult it isn't, and the result is really hard to beat IMO.

CyanideMetal and crackstar like this.
  9. Razor Blade X

Razor Blade X Active Member

ezlovan and wmbjr like this.
  10. Razor Blade X

What about this one?

ezlovan likes this.
  11. Razor Blade X

Who wants a Plisson Brush? LOL!!!!

ezlovan likes this.
  12. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I tried Stirling's shaving soap, and found it to work very well overall. The lather was not all that protective, but that was the only aspect in which I found it lacking.