To all that say Axe is terrible

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by FanofAceVentura, Jul 17, 2014.

1. FanofAceVentura

FanofAceVentura Well-Known Member

Watch this commercial and you will be eating youre words

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Pleasant enough message.
    I am certain the commercial content, no matter how well-intended, alters in any way the olfactory offensiveness of the many Axe products. ;)

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Having smelled both, overapplications of Brut or something similar are insignificant next to overapplication of Axe. Typical a/s and colognes can be loud, but Axe has a noxious, throat-closing, weaponized quality.

mylesc1234, wmbjr, PLANofMAN and 3 others like this.
  4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Nope to everything. Bad product and a commercial that attempts to forgive dictators and the evils of war because somebody loves them... whatever. Even Hitler was married in the bunker.

5. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

My Facebook post from a couple days ago:

"Dear Young Dudes at the Gym: Please stop dousing yourselves with Axe Body Spray before working out. It does NOT impress the ladies. Besides, it's Planet Fitness; all the ladies are your mothers' ages. If you do not stop, I will be forced to retaliate by splashing on a good dose of Brut, circa. 1973 each morning. You have been warned."

6. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

A corny, sappy commercial doesn't change my opinion about Axe at all.

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I fail to to see the threat in that.

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Finally watched the ad. Another puerile, intellecutally insulting waste that contains no ugly people, so I cannot relate. But thanks for posting!

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A desire for peace is
    Yup

FanofAceVentura likes this.
  10. FanofAceVentura

Axes spray cans aka stink bombs are terrible lol but the rest arnt that bad

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The Raid...sorry...spray cans are all I've familiar with; didn't know they made others.

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. FanofAceVentura

They make aftershave shampoo and more

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That's right. A couple years ago I did use their blue menthol shampoo. Very nice stuff, very fridgey, don't know if they still make it. Made a great body wash in the dead of summer (unlike today, which is early fall).

FanofAceVentura likes this.
  14. FanofAceVentura

Yup not all bad

15. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I axe you this: What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

[​IMG]
    :D:D

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I had a feeling a post like that would be happening after Gorgo's "Raid" lol

18. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

I'm reading the references on posts to AXE. I'm thinking I can't join in, I haven't a clue what people are on about...... Now I do. You mean LYNX.

I've had this can knocking about for ages now. When I started on my traditional shaving journey, I also went back to a few other more traditional aspects. I don't use any aerosols now. But still got one or two in the cabinet.

[​IMG]

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  19. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I use the mint and menthol body wash. I sometimes use their deodorant. The spray is not bad if you spray the air then walk through. Moderation makes some scents better. I've never liked coating myself in any smell.

20. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Axe is garbage. My dad uses it. I want to get rid of his cans of Axe and replace them with Old Spice. I just might do that.

Bama Samurai and Mr. Shaverman like this.