How old is your car?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by J_Man, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

7 years. A Chevy Cobalt. Since buying it I haven't seen any others.

2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Recently I switched to a company car, but our car was about 10 years old; a Skoda Fabia. My motorcycle is 11 years old; a Honda Deauville 700.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I had a 1993 Ford Crown Vic and a 1998 F250 pickup since they were new. Just sold them a few months ago. Bought a new Kia Sportage for the wife and a new Soul for me. I missed the old fords for a while but really enjoying the new cars. 35 miles per gal is nice

4. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

I have a 1973 914 2.0l and a 1990 Audi Quattro Coupe. I have owned the Porsche since 1981 and the Audi since 1996.

Greg W.

5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

About 7 weeks.

6. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

6 year Renault and old Mercedes 280SEL for fun and relax :)

7. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

My current car is 18 years old and still runs just fine. I have never owned a car less than 12 years, and have only owned three cars in my lifetime. My philosophy towards things in general is to buy as seldom as possible, buy quality items, and maintain things and make them last. In the long run, it is the easiest, simplest and most cost-effective solution.

8. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

My new (to me) car is 5 years old. It's a 2010 Honda Civic. I'm loving that it only costs me $20 to fill up my tank.

tuxxdk likes this.
  9. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

It costs me around 110 USD to fill up the Passat.. and that happens 2-3 times a month. Gotta love taxes in Denmark.. no wait... HATE.. gotta HATE'em!

10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Old old.

th-6.jpg

twhite, HolyRollah and DLP like this.
  11. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I have a 98 Jeep Cherokee but My mom is driving it since her car stopped working. I'm driving last year models Schwinn Varsity bicycle back and forth to work.

12. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I'm into Volkswagens and tend to keep them forever, average 15 years.
    I also do my own repairs & maintenance.

13. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

22 months. Infiniti G37 Sedan. OK, well, how old is SWMBO's car? I drive a seven year old company truck.

14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

th-5.jpg

HolyRollah and DLP like this.
  15. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Looks like a rental car you'd find at THIS airport….

17. Ryan B

That is insane... I bet your insurance and licensing is very expensive too, am I right? It seems like you guys get taxed to death over there.

18. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Well, we have 180% tax on cars + 25% VAT before you can put a plate on it. So a midsize Kia is the same you pay for a full grown monster US truck. I get nightmares just thinking of it...

Insurance is, for the 9 year old Passat for instance, 8-900 USD per year, I dunno if that's high compared?

19. Ryan B

I would never have a car if I lived in Denmark. I wouldn't own anything with an engine. Here having a car is a necessity as our public transportation is all but non existent.

Your insurance is pretty good. I pay around $220 per month for mine. But I'm getting rid of State Farm and going to USAA for insurance.

20. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

I own two vehicles. A 1991 s10 pickup that I bought when I was 19 and is now my project vehicle, and my current daily driver that I'm putting together is another 1990's s10 pickup but with a 4 cylinder engine and no power options that gets 24mpg on a high mileage 1987 engine

I've never bought a new vehicle and don't plan to.