How's your day? September 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 1, 2015.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Or air miles?
    (hope the procedure will be swift and uneventful!)

Slow Joe and Sara-s like this.
  2. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Or BOGO.

3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Who was the volunteer that had to eat all those beans and onions?

4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I was a cub leader for a while a few years back. At times it was like herding cats, but it was very rewarding. I may have got more out of it than the kids.

lradke likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Kerry.

6. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Mixed emotions about today. On one hand, it's a beautiful day, very Fall like weather. On the other it would have been my dads 83rd birthday. He passed away 5 years ago, and I really miss being able to sit down and talk with him. Also, 3 years ago today I lost a fight with a table saw and did significant damage to my right index and middle fingers. My index finger has a permanent crook at the first joint, and there is slight loss of dexterity from nerve damage. Fortunately I'm left handed, so it could be worse.

Slow Joe, clint64 and macaronus like this.
  7. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Well now that I'm HOME with a cold one it's much better!

macaronus likes this.
  8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I guess your dad would have liked for you to enjoy the day. So relive happy remembrances of him and enjoy the weather. Have a drink on him! :eatdrink047:

Slow Joe and cmorris357 like this.
  9. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

I dreamed that I caught a fish with my bare hands last night.

macaronus, Slow Joe and Erik Redd like this.
  10. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Fish
    American, Unitarianism G. H. Miller

Dreaming that you see fish in clear-water streams, denotes that you will be favored by the rich and powerful. Dead fish, signifies the loss of wealth and power through some dire calamity. For a young woman Dreaming of seeing fish, portends that she will have a handsome and talented lover. Dreaming of catching a catfish, denotes that you will be embarrassed by evil designs of enemies, but your luck and presence of mind will tide you safely over the trouble. To wade in water, catching fish, denotes that you will possess wealth acquired by your own ability and enterprise. Dreaming of fishing, denotes energy and economy | but if you do not succeed in catching any, your efforts to obtain honors and wealth will be futile. Eating fish, denotes warm and lasting attachments….

or something like that.

macaronus and Slow Joe like this.
  11. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

What if I was wading in almost waist deep water, caught the fish with one hand and brought it to land, then it flapped back into the water?

Also, there was an ice fishing hole underneath the water that I was wading in that I had successfully used to catch a few fish before this incident. Yes. An ice fishing hole in water. Makes no sense. What do you make of that? :)

12. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Sorry to hear that. I hope they get you fixed and pain free as soon as possible. Have a nice weekend.

Sara-s likes this.
  13. Slow Joe

Sorry for your loss. Must be a strange day for you.

cmorris357 likes this.
  14. Slow Joe

Spent all yesterday bent over a fish tank. Spending all of today with a very stiff back and neck ache. Oh well at least the fish are OK.

macaronus likes this.
  15. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

I'm not sure if my day can go anywhere but downhill from here...

My wife was riding in to work with me this morning because she is going to meet up with her sister to watch our nephews show pigs at the fair this afternoon, then we're all going to go watch my oldest nephew play highschool football. So, we're at that part of the commute where we've gotten into the fringes of the city... 4 lanes... morning traffic... you know the drill, not congested or anything, but a steady flow of cars... and lo and behold what is that crossing the road?

THE PROVERBIAL CHICKEN!

I wish I had a camera at the ready. I wish I had stopped and asked it "why?"

macaronus, clint64 and richgem like this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Daily. For breakfast. So whats the big deal? ;)

macaronus and Erik Redd like this.
  17. richgem

At least it wasnt a penguin.

macaronus likes this.
  18. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'm spending the next 72 hours volunteering. This morning I'm going to the humane society shelter to play with kitties and puppies for a couple of hours so that they get socialized with humans. Tough job, right?! Then I'm spending the rest of the weekend immediately after that volunteering with Rose City Comic Con. That actually will be a physical and emotional drain, but I'll also get to help a lot of people have fun, and I'll get to meet Carrie Fisher, Robert Englund, Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig and some other fine people. I volunteer at it every year and it keeps growing in size. In about 5 years it went from a large conference room at the Doubletree hotel to taking over the entire Oregon Convention Center, a place that regularly holds boat and RV shows in part of their facilities.

macaronus likes this.
  19. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

You catch them with your mouth, Rich. Big difference. :eatdrink020:

macaronus and richgem like this.
  20. richgem

Even more of a challenge. :D