SEPT 30 Day Rule/Focus Pic & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Bama Samurai, Aug 30, 2015.

?

How long since the switch to traditional shaving?

Poll closed Sep 29, 2015.
  1. 0-2 months

15.4%
  2. 2-6 months

10.8%
  3. 6-12 months

20.0%
  4. 12-24 months

7.7%
  5. More than 24 months

44.6%
  6. I am just here for the cookies

1.5%
  1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Congrats! I prayed you would get good news. That's a luxurious problem!

Drygulch, wristwatchb, wmbjr and 6 others like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Was that shave WTG-XTG-XTG? I am taking better SR notes this month. I have SR in my future.

3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Thanks. I'll be spending some serious time tomorrow comparing the two offers. It's two companies with different products, seriously different, one with a definite management track (I left management a few years ago so it's not new to me) the other with a possibility of moving upwards and all around the country as well at some point. Sales jobs for both to start. So lots to consider and compare.

Drygulch, wristwatchb, wmbjr and 7 others like this.
  4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Okay I should have pointed out that my son is the one who's bowling, but he's starting to get better than me so I don't bring it up much. The main problem is, the moms who I would like to get to know have kids that are brats, and the kids that are nice and polite have moms that look like the before in a before and after picture. Oh well, at least I don't have to explain to anyone why I bought yet another shaving soap.

Drygulch, mrchick, wmbjr and 6 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Sounds reasonable. We'll allow it. Don't let the Russians catch wind of this though, they will make fun of you.

Dawgs versus S. Carolina tomorrow?

Drygulch, wmbjr, RaZorBurn123 and 5 others like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

He just needs to consider some Russian women!
    Aging-Process-Or-Russian-Women.jpg

7. cmorris357

Actually I'm a Seminoles fan. We beat Boston College tonight but it wasn't pretty.

Drygulch, wmbjr, RaZorBurn123 and 3 others like this.
  8. cmorris357

Man, that's a rough 15 year span.

Drygulch, Norcalnewb, Bill_F and 4 others like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

I actually like that better than dawgs. Glad to have Coker. Good luck, see you in the playoff.

Drygulch, wmbjr, cmorris357 and 2 others like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

And also insight into the anomalously high per capita ingestion of grain neutral distilled spirits.

Drygulch, NCoxSTL, cmorris357 and 3 others like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you all for the well wishes. The ride up yesterday actually went very well. I bought a special lower back brace for riding the bike which worked very well. In the end it was less strain on my back than my daily hour plus commute in the car. Looking forward to a relaxing day on the parkway.

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats @NCoxSTL on the job offers. I'm sure you'll pick the right one for you and your family.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Happy Birthday Mark.

14. Bill_F

Bill_F Well-Known Member

1953 (Y3) Tech
    Vulfix Super Badger (660)
    Proraso Sandalwood cream
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Shave #1 with the Personna Platinum (Israeli Reds) in my birthday Tech. A comfortable near BBS shave.
    IMG_1480.JPG
    Face lathered, then did 2 full passes: Pass 1 WTG on my face and XTG on my neck (top to bottom today). Pass 2: ATG. A solid DFS at this point. Did a cold water rinse followed by a few rounds of targeted touch ups in my problem areas and thought that I had caught the baby. The Aqua Velva complained about my neck. This is where I kept finding stray stubble and went over it again trying to eliminate it. Unfortunately, the baby escaped this morning.

Another 99% BBS from the Tech. Even though I went over one of my trouble spots several times in different directions, once the After Shave dried, there it was - that spot beside the ridge running down my left neck. Either the Tech is just too mild to give me a consistent BBS, or I'm messing up the angle whenever I try to finish off my trouble spots. The rest of the face and neck stays smooth for hours and even that spot only shows hints of stubble for a very long time. Very puzzling.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Drygulch, Herm2502, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  15. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Congrats on the offers!

16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Happy birthday!

Drygulch, wristwatchb, Bill_F and 3 others like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

9/19/15
    Schick J3 with Chick blade
    TGN Synthetic
    TSD Yin Yang
    Myrsol Formula C

[​IMG]

A great 3 pass shave this morning. Not quite BBS but still very good. This razor is about the perfect travel razor for me allowing drama free close shaves. Finished off with some Dove post shave balm and a splash of Myrsol Formula C from a sample pack.

18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    September 19, 2015
    Prep: Hot Shower. Axe Energizing Face Wash Boost
    Razor: Mongoose B3 Dr. Bomber Handle
    Blade: Feather Professional
    Lather: Figaro Monsieur Gold Shaving Soap
    Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
    Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud
    Super shave! I really like this soap. I may get to a point where I have 6 razors. I have so many that I don't think about or touch.
    Never let the things you WANT
    Make you forget the things you HAVE
    image.jpeg

Congratulations @NCoxSTL go get em!
    Happy Happy Birthday @Boojum1
    Safe travels @clint64 I'm glad your back is holding up!

19. michaelAD

michaelAD Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, you filthy animal.

20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

September 19

Mongoose with Dr. Bomber handle
    Feather Super Professional blade (7)
    Shavemac two-band silvertip brush
    TSD unscented soap and glycerin
    Three passes
    Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Trumper's Coral Skin Food

I completed my first week of shaves using the Feather Super Pro blade in the Mongoose. The blade edge seems to smooth out on shaves 2 through 4. From there, blade performance seemed to degrade slightly. Overall, it's a good blade in the Mongoose, but it takes extra care for me to avoid nicks and weepers. I have a new Super Pro loaded for tomorrow morning.

This was also my first week using the TSD soap stick, and it performs well. It's very easy on the skin, and the unscented lanolin formula has a slight nutty smell, which I like. Overall, a thumbs up!

My beautiful Bride and I have theater tickets for today, and then we'll enjoy a nice dinner together. I hope you all have as much fun as me on this fine Saturday!

Drygulch, Keithmax, Bill_F and 9 others like this.