Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

No photo but used Chiseled Face Cryogen this morning finished with TSD neroli (iced). Nice change of pace.

GDCarrington, Boojum1 and crackstar like this.
  2. Chaddy187

Chaddy187 Active Member

You are one tuff man if you shaved

3. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

8/31/2015 Menthol Monday!! Woo Hoo!!

Prep: Hot shower with Neutrogena Face Wash with menthol, home made PSO
    Razor: Muhle R41 Grande (2013), "The Hornet" straight razor
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
    Brush: HJM Black Fibre
    Soap: Arko - Ice Mint
    After: Home made ASB, Osage Rub after shave
    Cologne: Prada - Amber Pour Homme Intense

It is Menthol Monday! The Arko was whipped up nicely into a thick lather by the HJM brush. The R41 Grande and "The Hornet" did their work well this morning. The Osage Rub and the Prada were a nice finish for this 2 pass Darn Fine Shave.

Have a blessed day!

[​IMG]

GDCarrington, Boojum1 and crackstar like this.
  4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Labor Day Shave

Menthol Monday, September 7, 2015

Mongoose with Triad Ti Helix Spiral
    Feather Pro #5
    Druida #7 Barber Pole Manchurian
    Krampert’s Frostbite Soap
    Alum, Stirling Black Ice Witch Hazel, Gold Bond Green Lotion
    Krampert’s Frostbite Aftershave

IMG_2436.jpg

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

MENTHOL MONDAY!
    sotd4 9.jpg

RAZOR: GILLETTE TECH/PROBAK
    BLADE: POL-SILVER (2ND SHAVE)
    BRUSH: OMEGA S SYNTHETIC
    SOAP: TSD 2X ICED FRANKINCENSE &MYRRH:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    POST: FOLSOM & CO. MUIR:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    BALM: REEF POINT ADMIRALTY:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Had a great 3 pass shave today. The TSD soap is a sample that I threw a handful of menthol crystals in and microwaved it. VERY COLD stuff and smells terrific, and performance is always top notch. This was my second shave with Pol-Silver blades and so far I really like them. Smooth and seem pretty sharp. The Muir is a great scent that went well with the Frankincense &Myrrh soap. The Reef Point balm I put on a while after, and it really cools down the face and feels nice. Hope everyone had a great shave. Stay frosty my friends!!:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

GDCarrington and Boojum1 like this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

MM - 7 September 2015

image.jpg

TSD ISZ PreShave Balm
    TSD 2x Iced Florida Water Type​

SHAVEWIZARD420 and GDCarrington like this.
  8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Derby
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Chabrawichi 555 Cologne

I'm also celebrating the soon-to-be arrival of my new Glacial Obsidian soaps which I ordered last week from Rod, so I decided to go with this stuff and I'm so happy I did. It's absolutely perfect for a Menthol Monday Shave because it's so frigid as well as so full of wonderful lather and skincare. Its matching balm is the same type of menthol atom bomb, and so is the Rubby Dubby Doo! ;) :angry017::D

SHAVEWIZARD420 and GDCarrington like this.
  9. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Personna
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Old Spice Cologne

After a complete absence of menthol from one day the freeze is coming back with a vengeance! ;) :D

GDCarrington and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  10. Chaddy187

Chaddy187 Active Member

Any soap no quit as strong as cryogen?

crackstar likes this.
  11. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Cryogen is the strongest thing possible menthol wise. I'm barely able to shave because of the tears in my eyes and the snot coming from my nose. If you mix it with something else though it can add a nice chill. Today I added some to some TOBS grapefruit and it was good!

crackstar and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  12. Chaddy187

Chaddy187 Active Member

Yeah. I've got the same problem. I'm looking for something just a bit weaker but stronger than proraso?

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I haven't logged in in a LONG time and I hit Menthol Monday - yup.. I mentholated today, but then again. I mentholate daily
    C.O. Bigelow cream
    TSD Iced subzero AS

Boojum1, crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I would recommend the TSD soaps. very slick and a top tier soap. They are available in iced, and 2x iced and they have a nice scent list to choose from.

crackstar likes this.
  15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

For September 14th:
    Razor - Schick J3 – “Golden 500”
    Stainless Soap - Mentolated Vintage Willams
    Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated
    Brush - TSD Russian Leather 2X Menthol

[​IMG]

It's Now Or Never (O Sole Mio) - Elvis Presley 1960

crackstar likes this.
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

For September 21st
    Razor - Schick E
    Brush - Reins Dachs Handle w/Mühle Ver. 1 STF Knot 23/53 mm
    Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated Stainless
    Soap - Mentolated Vintage Willams

[​IMG]

Bob Hope and Shirley Ross - Thanks For The Memory 1938

crackstar likes this.
  17. Boojum1

Menthol Monday
    SEptember 21, 2015

B-3 Mongoose with UFO Titan Fine XL
    Feather Pro Super #2
    Rubberset 400 # 4 TGN High Mountain White @clint64
    Sterling Soap Co. Glacial Obsidian :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alum, Sterling Black Ice Witch Hazel, :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Green Lotion :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Krampert’s Frostbite Aftershave :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Mon2.jpg

18. Boojum1

Mr Freeze made a brief appearance during today's Face Freezing Shave.

19. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Proraso Green shave soap followed by Osage Rub aftershave. I'm kind of a sissy when it comes to menthol, the Osage Rub is as strong as I want, no desire to try anything stronger.

crackstar likes this.
  20. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Personna
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Drakkar Noir EdT

There's no way I could go for more than one day without using powerful menthol - no way, no how. It just ain't gonna happen! ;)

Boojum1 and Erik Redd like this.